“Modern, large and clean”

Courtyard by Marriott Kingston Highway 401 / Division Street
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“Modern, large and clean”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was our second time at this hotel since September. We were visiting our daughter who goes to Queens. Fairly new hotel. Very modern lobby, nice decor. Friendly staff. Hotel is completely non smoking. Rooms are large. We had a room with 2 queen beds that were quite comfy. I slept well.

The only negative I have is that the water pressure in the shower isn't that great so took longer to rinse shampoo out. But that wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

Overall Great value for the price and parking is free.

1 Thank Lisa_momof2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Kingston for one night with family. We were with our 5 and 8 year old sons in a 2 queen bedroom. The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Every room has a microwave and fridge, which is a plus. The hotel is still new so it has that modern feel to it. The lobby is fantastic with lots of chairs and couches everywhere for a comfortable chat or a quick bit. Check in and check out was a breeze. The kids love the pool. Only downside was that the two story slide opens for a limited period during the weekend. Customer service is very good. Close to Hwy 401, restaurants, walk to Outlet mall and movie theatre. Will definitely come again and highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank B0bbuilder1972
Ottawa
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My first stay at this hotel several months ago was fairly pleasant. The hotel has a very modern look, clean and comfortable rooms. It is close to the 401 and handy to many restaurants and shops. However, the WIFI wasn't working and neither was the TV, so I couldn't order a movie in my room. When I reported it to the front desk, the manager on duty came to my room and tried the fix the problem. It worked for a few minutes then stopped - I couldn't be bothered to call again. I wanted to give this hotel another try because of it's convenient location and clean rooms. This time, I had a king bed that had a very awkward layout that made it difficult to sit - back in bed and watch TV. No problem, I couldn't anyway, I had the same issue with the TV again, and the manager on duty had to come up and try to fix the problem. I appreciate the effort, but I don't want to have someone come into my room in the evening when I am in my pajamas and relaxing, to fix a problem that is clearly an issue they have with the pay-per-view system itself. He couldn't fix the problem but offered a discount on my room and a complimentary breakfast. That was very nice but speaks to the other issue - this hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast, which is offered by other properties in the same class such as the Holiday Inn, The Hampton Inn and the Best Western. Given the price of this hotel, and the lack of certain amenities, I will stay at the Best Western Fireside Inn, which is considerably cheaper, equally clean and comfortable and miles ahead in complimentary amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StephMcD3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My daughter attends Queen's University and I wanted to take her shopping and out for dinner for her 18th Birthday. Since it is a 3 hour drive from Toronto, I decided to stay over at the Courtyard by Marriott. Everything was great, the hotel was easy to find and close to the highway. Check in and out was fast and the staff was welcoming and friendly. The room was not a "cookie cutter' hotel room design...it was unique and interesting. The temperature was easy to control, there was lots of room and a coffee machine which made great coffee! My daughter actually decided to stay as well. We had a great time...I will definitely do this again. Next time, I want to try out the jacuzzi, I was too tired this time and the restaurant looked great as well.

1 Thank Julia C
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way to Montreal. It's so conveniently located for travel, just off the highway. Everything was so clean and felt new. Very comfy bed, nice room layout, quiet. My husband and kids used the pool - said it was great. Unfortunately they got there before the slide was open, but otherwise all was good. We had breakfast in the lobby and perhaps it was a tad pricey but compared to other hotel lobby breakfasts, it was pretty good. We got a booth with a tv so the kids could watch cartoons - that was a nice touch.

Would definitely stay here again when passing through.

2 Thank Jackie S
East Mids
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My second time in a Courtyard and again impressed, the hotel is fairly new and immaculate, Reception very welcoming and friendly and as i was there for almost two weeks they got to know me and addressed me by name, which is always nice. Rooms are well-equipped and spacious, cleaning staff very thorough and helpful. The restaurant in the lobby was excellent for breakfast, the only criticism is why don’t they do side plates for the toast?
All in all a very enjoyable stay, lots of alternative eating options close, Denny’s, Boston Pizza, Wendy’s, Pizza Hut etc.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HippyTraveller
Ottawa
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed just one night, but this hotel surprised me with its ultra-clean rooms and cheery front desk. The hotel is bright, modern and very well maintained. As I entered my room, I could hear my next-door-neighbours and worried about noise levels. Once in my room, though, I heard nothing. The generous-sized room was tastefully decorated with everything you could possibly want - except a make-up mirror. The kidney-shaped pool and hot tub looked inviting. The workout room was well equipped - elliptical machines and treadmills. The room is bright and open and looks over the pool. Breakfast isn't some terrible pre-cooked and kept-warm-for-hours questionable omelet (as we find in many other hotels that offer breakfast), it's made to order. You can have an omelet made with egg whites and a Starbux coffee! Staff were helpful and friendly. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to take a room on the main level. Noise isn't a problem.