Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
US$182
US$166
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$229
  • Breakfast included
US$176
US$157
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$131
US$127
US$151
US$145
All reviewsoutdoor pooloverlooking the waterfront desk staffbuffet breakfastkingston waterfrontcity hallbit datedwolfe islandlake viewrestaurants and shopsheart of downtownprincess streetking roomstayed one nightyogurtbalconydox
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This place gets top marks for location. It's situated directly on the waterfront. Some of the rooms have the water directly below your balcony. Many others have beautiful views of the harbour and across the lake. Thousand Island boat tours are next door. Many restaurants and pubs are minutes away by foot.
In our room, the carpets were looking a bit tired. Corridor noise was noticeable a couple of times during the night. Fortunately, it was short lived and we slept well. These are the only two items we could complain about. The rooms are well equipped with very comfortable beds. (Although we're not big fans of those compact pillows.)
Front desk staff were very professional, friendly and helpful.
We had a lunch and breakfast in the dining room and can say the food was very good.
Parking is free for guests. The parking lot is right outside the front door. The lot is gated but the front desk validates your parking ticket which allows in and out privileges.
A very nice touch was the variety of newspapers available for guests.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is located, as you may not prefer to have the water directly below your balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Willrude
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Willrude,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront; we appreciate your comments and suggestions. Your mention of smallish pillow size has led us to review our offerings and adjust accordingly for immediate improvement and guest enjoyment.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback, we hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

First, I will say I am a business traveler so have been to many hotels. This hotel was about 180 USD per night, with no included breakfast. My room was ready when I got there but three others in the group were not. The rooms I stayed was very dated, the bathroom light switch in next to the main room door, the bathroom door was very water damaged. The fixtures were so old that the brass was showing through the chrome. There was mold around the tub, there were candy wrappers on the floor and a cigarette box on the floor in the patio space outside the room.
I had a second floor room, perhaps upgrades were done on the upper floors. Everyone in our group of 6 complained about the beds and the pillows, if you stay here bring your own.

Since I am a Priority Club member I was told I was to receive a gift, a bottle of water or a granola bar or a couple of items I can't remember. I asked for the water and was told they didn't have any and I would get it later. I never did.

Did I mention that this hotel costs 180 USD per night!

Branden in the bar was the bright spot, He was very nice and did a very good job with the bar.

If I visit Kingston again, I will not be staying in this hotel. Which is a shame as the location is perfect for visiting the area.

Room Tip: I believe the upper floors are better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve_Sy
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Steve_Sy

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom and patio have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping department for their review and investigation. I am also delighted to hear that you were well taken care of by Brandon and will be sharing your comments with him.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally and hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves during your next visit to Kingston. I can be reached at 613.549.8400 ext. 2600.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated on the waterfront and meters from where the small free ferry to Wolfe Island docks. Good position for walking the town. Great swimming pool, sauna and a small selection of gym equipment. Washer and dryer facilities are always useful. Breakfast was amazing, lots of choice, nice and fresh. This hotel really did tick all the boxs.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucindaDonaldson
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear LucindaDonaldson,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. We are glad you were able to enjoy the many features and benefits our hotel has to offer while staying in the heart of downtown Kingston.

We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us if your travels lead you back to Kingston.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

WOW, is all that I can say about the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. The staff and the facility ROCK! I was there to attend the Kingston Writers' Festival both as a participant and as a volunteer. The meeting rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff are outstanding and are happy to meet your every need. Above all, they are flexible. The food in the restaurant is great too!

Room Tip: Didn't stay there overnight as I am a Kingstonian.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sara418Kingston

Thank you for leaving such a glowing recommendation of our property. We are delighted that our associates were able assist with the success of the Kingston Writer's Fest. We look forward to hosting and welcoming you to this prestigious event once again in 2013.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight in Kingston while visiting the Thousand Islands. We checked into the Holiday Inn Waterfront. It was fast and smooth. When we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised with a terrific harbor view from the 5th floor. The room was beautiful, very clean and modern. The bathroom tile floor was heated! Best of all is the location. Within walking distance of great pubs and restaurants. The only negatives are that it is a bit pricey and breakfast could be better. Overall a great place to stay. Plus beautiful pool with a view.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear loliveri,

It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We continually strive to improve our delivery of hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront.

We hope we will once again have the pleasure of having you stay with us on your next trip to Kingston.