“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stay at this Hotel every week and have done so going on 3 years now. Therefore I expect a clean room, great internet service, friendly staff, and parking close to the main entrance of the hotel. This hotel offers every item I have mentioned. In addition the beds are the most comfortable ever and you have a choice of a soft or firm pillow. Breakfast is a good hearty Canadian breakfast with everything you would expect. I cannot say enough about the staff and by that I mean ALL of them from the chambermaids, to the parking attendants, to the restaurant servers, to the front desk staff, the maintenance staff and management who are out and about ensuring all is well. The guest is top priority here and that keeps me coming back every week. They recognize and greet Priority Club Members on many occasions by name. During the week when I stay there it is a quiet business, family and your mix of guests. Always hot water for your shower. Dogs are relegated to the main floor only so they have easy access to the outdoors. The floors are quiet at night. Check in and check out is quick and friendly. The location is right downtown close to all amenties including shopping and yet is still situated right on the waterfront.
It is an entirely smoke-free Hotel that I appreciate. Rick R.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water offer a better view however all rooms have been refurbished and every room ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear vegasguys,

Thank you again for your great feedback on your experiences at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed one night on the way to Niagara Falls and we had a very enjoyable stay at the hotel. As others have mentioned, the location is tops, numerous restaurants and pubs and tourist attractions are a short stroll away. The hotel directly faces the lake, providing a beautiful view of the water, city and Wolfe Island.

Our room was a corner suite with a balcony with chairs directly over the water and we thoroughly enjoyed watching the many boats on the lake, it was very peaceful and the view at night was lovely also. Our room was very bright, spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable and easily as good as those in more expensive hotels. The check in was a breeze and the staff were very pleasant. We purchased the romance package which included wine and chocolates which were in our room as promised after we returned from dinner.

I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 as the breakfast was a bit of a disappointment at the hotel. While the staff were very pleasant, and the restaurant was airy and bright, the buffet breakfast was quite plain and limited in choices. They also forgot to bring us our coffee, it was eventually delivered but we had already finished and were ready to leave. But overall the stay was great and the hotel gets a full thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear RoxyRoadTrip,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I have noted your comments for immediate improvement to ensure we get the 5 out of 5 we strive for!

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your return in the near future.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This waterfront hotel has a great location.......walking distance to the harbor, visitor center, restaurants, downtown, city hall, but you pay the price! We felt it was unnecessarily expensive for a Holiday Inn. Also, be aware that breakfast is not automatically included unless you book it that way.
I thoroughly enjoyed the swim in the fitness center that extends out over the water!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear WashingtonTraveler60,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the wonderful sights of historic downtown Kingston that are just steps from our door. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the waterfront views our fitness centre.

We hope to have you return on your next trip to Kingston.

Wallaceburg, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Great Location. The rooms were well appointed and clean. It is well located in downtown Kingston within walking distance to various attractions. We enjoyed our stay. We did not eat in the hotel and thus can not comment on the food.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear TheoneandonlyCT,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. We are glad you chose to stay with us and are very happy you had such a nice experience in downtown Kingston.

We look forward welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We booked a block of rooms for our wedding this past weekend and everything was perfect. I would like to thank all the staff and specifically Nick for giving such wonderful customer service. I would say that the rooms were excellant and I love the choice of firm or soft pillows. They are oddly small but the beds were great. My kids loved the pool and the downtown location allowed us to park the car for the weekend. Kinston is a great place. I read a review about the pets/smell and I noticed the odd dog or two here or there. I suggest that you just ask for a room that is clear of the dogs. There is room cleanig fee for those who leave a smelly room if you break the no smoking rule and maybe they do this to the dog owners too.

Room Tip: The way the harbour is I think there are great views on both sides of the hotel. The staff know the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear swip,

Thank you for your complimentary review. We pride ourselves on our associates ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests and make their stay an experience to remember.

We look forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This place gets top marks for location. It's situated directly on the waterfront. Some of the rooms have the water directly below your balcony. Many others have beautiful views of the harbour and across the lake. Thousand Island boat tours are next door. Many restaurants and pubs are minutes away by foot.
In our room, the carpets were looking a bit tired. Corridor noise was noticeable a couple of times during the night. Fortunately, it was short lived and we slept well. These are the only two items we could complain about. The rooms are well equipped with very comfortable beds. (Although we're not big fans of those compact pillows.)
Front desk staff were very professional, friendly and helpful.
We had a lunch and breakfast in the dining room and can say the food was very good.
Parking is free for guests. The parking lot is right outside the front door. The lot is gated but the front desk validates your parking ticket which allows in and out privileges.
A very nice touch was the variety of newspapers available for guests.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is located, as you may not prefer to have the water directly below your balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Willrude
Dear Willrude,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront; we appreciate your comments and suggestions. Your mention of smallish pillow size has led us to review our offerings and adjust accordingly for immediate improvement and guest enjoyment.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback, we hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2012

First, I will say I am a business traveler so have been to many hotels. This hotel was about 180 USD per night, with no included breakfast. My room was ready when I got there but three others in the group were not. The rooms I stayed was very dated, the bathroom light switch in next to the main room door, the bathroom door was very water damaged. The fixtures were so old that the brass was showing through the chrome. There was mold around the tub, there were candy wrappers on the floor and a cigarette box on the floor in the patio space outside the room.
I had a second floor room, perhaps upgrades were done on the upper floors. Everyone in our group of 6 complained about the beds and the pillows, if you stay here bring your own.

Since I am a Priority Club member I was told I was to receive a gift, a bottle of water or a granola bar or a couple of items I can't remember. I asked for the water and was told they didn't have any and I would get it later. I never did.

Did I mention that this hotel costs 180 USD per night!

Branden in the bar was the bright spot, He was very nice and did a very good job with the bar.

If I visit Kingston again, I will not be staying in this hotel. Which is a shame as the location is perfect for visiting the area.

Room Tip: I believe the upper floors are better.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve_Sy
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear Steve_Sy

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom and patio have been brought to the attention of our housekeeping department for their review and investigation. I am also delighted to hear that you were well taken care of by Brandon and will be sharing your comments with him.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally and hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves during your next visit to Kingston. I can be reached at 613.549.8400 ext. 2600.

Regards,

Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels