I was assigned this hotel from priceline as I needed a downtown Kingston hotel. I have stayed at this property twice previously. I appreciated that front desk complied with my request for 2 double beds as other hotels will not do so for cheaper priceline deals. Check-in was smooth and front staff were youthful and energetic. I remember J.D. I was pleased that my room had a fridge and I was advised that if I need a microwave one would be brought to my room. I noticed upon entering the room that the quality of beds was excellent which is consistent with the Holiday Inn Brand. I recall the bathroom at this property were a bit small but this is consistent with hotels which were built in the 1960/70s. The issue that I and my family has was that the bathroom WAS NOT clean. The housekeeping maid may have done their best but the water pressure was inconsistent and the water was actual grimy. Both the bathtub/shower and sinks should be replaced and modernized. I did not request a room change as I heard another guest complain about the same thing. Another issue was that our room was close to a freight elevator and as well we could hear a lot of noises which appeared to have come from floor (s) above us and around. To be fair there was some sort of cheerleading event in Kingston and the competitors may have been practicing in their rooms/hallways. This hotel is a family hotel so I understand young people tend to get excited and it was noisy throughout the night. I think the hotel needs a major overhaul with soundproofing. I also found that there was a problem with exiting the parking lot even though I was a registered guest and followed the procedure. There was a snow storm and I had to have my wife call the hotel to open the gate. Strangely enough the last time I stayed ay this hotel 2 years ago the parking gate crashed on top of my rental car; but management took responsibility with the rental company. I was looking forward to using the fitness centre which I was told has been updated but it actual is smaller although the pool seems ok.I did advise front desk of my concerns about the noise and how it affected our sleep and I did appreciate that they had agreed to my request for breakfast buffet for whole family at no extra cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront Hotel is centrally located in historic downtown Kingston, Ontario. We are elated to unveil Kingston's beautiful bedrooms and superior amenities, and our personal and friendly service sets us apart from other Kingston, Ontario hotels. We are also home to Kingston's premier conference facilities, specializing corporate events, meetings and weddings. Conveniently located steps away from Kingston's waterfront, the K-Rock Center (.42km)for concerts and Kingston Frontenacs games, 1000 Island Cruises (.25km), Kingston General Hospital (2.06km), Queen's University (1.53km), boutiques and downtown venues, the Holiday Inn(R) Kingston Waterfront hotel is The Place to Meet. We are proud to present DOX Restaurant & Bar with (seasonal) patio overlooking Lake Ontario. Dox Restaurant & Bar features a delicious breakfast menu and is the perfect place to meet for a luncheon meeting or a gourmet romantic dinner for two. For relaxation, guests of our Kingston hotel enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center. Whether you're coming to Kingston on business, looking to hold a meeting or event, or getting away for a family vacation, the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront is your hotel of choice. We look forward to being "At Your Service"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Hotel Kingston
- Kingston Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront Ontario, Canada