“Loved everything except the breakfast”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto
“Loved everything except the breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My very comfortable and clean room on the third floor had a nice view of the Wolfe Island ferry docks and the water. Service was friendly and efficient.

Two issues:
Although a late check out had been arranged, the cleaning staff were not told so they were still banging on my door spot on 11 a.m.

The breakfast buffet was disappointing enough that even though it was included in the price of the room, I headed out to a nearby restaurant for a better breakfast on the second day of my stay. Dryed out scrambled eggs and a fruit salad that included only the cheapest of canned fruit were not to my taste.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Good morning CanadaKate,

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will look into our buffet food quality and review our late departure policy for improvements where possible.

Thanks again, hope to see you again soon!

Scott Follwell - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Lockport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We checked in and went right to our room. The front desk let us know that a hockey team was staying in the hotel this weekend. We saw many young boys running around but not bothering anyone. Just being boys! Our room was great. The bathroom floor was heated so no cold tile in the middle of the night. Our view was of the harbor and was beautiful.... As I was grabbing my bag at the closed room door, I heard a hotel employee returning a few boys to the parents in the room across the hall. She made it very clear that they were to keep an eye on their children as their were other guests in the hotel and she did not want to have to evict anyone. The parents were cooperative and very nice about it. We did not hear any noise during the nite. My boyfriend made use of the pool and sauna and said they were really nice. Lovely stay... only bad comment was that we had to pay $14.00 a day to park in the lot attached to the hotel.... :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear deborah a,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our facility and we look forward to your return.

Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is consistently good. I've stayed many times and the room quality is always good, the cleanliness is excellent and the friendliness of the front desk staff is great. This trip I was particularity happy to be helped out by Holly Marie who was extra friendly in a natural way that front desk staff should be. Always my first choice in Kingston. If I had one suggestion it would be to improve the buffet lunch menu in Doxx. Other than that rest assured you will be happy with your stay. Make sure you check out The Merchant just up the street especially if The Trevor Walsh band is playing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water front side have small balconies but nice views of the harbour.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear kawarthaguy,

You mention 3 legends of Kingston: The Merchant, Trevor Walsh and of course Hollie Marie at the Holiday Inn!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to your arrival again in the near future.

Scott Follwell
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Pleasant stay with absolutely no problems. We ate at the restaurant which I must was really good. Looking forward to going back in the summer and having a glass of wine on their beautiful deck! Rooms were clean and spacious. Excellent overall choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor facing room, the room I stayed in had a lovely balcony directly on top of the water...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear AneeshSodhi,

We will keep up these standards for your return! Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and service, be sure to put us on your summer patio checklist!

montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great location however upon my arrival i discovered an empty mini fridge.
The least a hotel could do is supply a complimentary water bottle to guests instead of charging 4 bucks for the bottle and service.
No bathrobe either.
Restaurant closed around 9, so don't expect room service after that hour.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear E O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not make your stay as seamless as you would have preferred. We do supply complimentary bottles of water in our upgraded rooms, please contact me personally at 613.549.8400 ext 2600 to discuss this further.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Good stay with no hassles, room was clean, had a nice view of the lake, staff was friendly, breakfast which was included in my rate was good with lots of options. The gym area was very nice (Treadmills and ellipticals overlook the harbour front)
I'll be back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear 133SeasonedTraveller,

Thanks for sharing your stay with us! Glad to hear that the location was perfect for you and you enjoyed our fitness centre. We hope to have you back again soon, maybe for a little bit of a longer stay!

ON, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Waterfront for a girls weekend in January. I have stayed at this Holiday Inn in the past with my husband and we really enjoyed it however I found that the quality had declined on my most recent visit.

I love the location of this hotel...it is close to great shopping and dining options.

The last time we stayed in this hotel we had a view of the waterfront, on my last visit we had a view of the parking lot. The sheets on the bed were thin and pilled and the duvet inside the cover was heavily stained, (as were the pillows). Pretty gross... We had ordered room service and the food was cold when it arrived, (even though it only took a few minutes to get to our room...I think our breakfast was just plucked from the buffet line). If you're paying for room service, I think that you should get fresh, hot food. My daughter wouldn't even eat her french toast...which is a fave. The next day we just went to Pan Chancho for some bakery goods.

The fitness area offers a pool, hot tub, sauna and exercise equipment. It is nice however it wasn't very well stocked/attended...there were only a handful of towels available on the Saturday and on the Sunday there was only one towel available. It didn't seem like they had been replenished at all...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear time_to_relax,

Hello and thank you for your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the items you mentioned in your review. I am appalled at what I read and would like to encourage you to contact me at 613.549.8400 ext 2600 for me to gain as much knowledge as I can about your stay.
I look forward to your call.

Regards,