Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
US$182
US$166
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$176
  • Pool
US$176
US$157
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$131
US$127
US$151
US$145
All reviewsoutdoor pooloverlooking the waterfront desk staffbuffet breakfastkingston waterfrontcity hallbit datedwolfe islandlake viewrestaurants and shopsheart of downtownprincess streetking roomstayed one nightyogurtbalconydox
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I awoke at 3 am to see my bill at the door.
$14 parking charge despite the fact that I have no vehicle with me. I phoned the desk immediately; no apology was offered to the precious customer --- merely words to the effect that when I check out --- mention the fact that this charge should be removed.
I'm a long standing member of intercontinental hotels and am very disappointed.
Cater to the customer or you're in danger of losing her.
Ms Palmer

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Patricia P
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Patricia P,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. I am saddened to learn of your experiences and will address this immediately to ensure we are servicing our guests appropriately.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stay here frequently for business and always appreciate the great service. Should you find yourself at the lobby bar, be sure to say hello and grab a drink from Brandon. Brandon defines what good, friendly service is. After a long day, it is always nice to see a friendly, familiar face.

Room Tip: just be friendly to the front desk

Dear craigdubya,

Thank you for sharing your experiences! Brandon does go the extra mile to ensure all his patrons are well taken care of.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My very comfortable and clean room on the third floor had a nice view of the Wolfe Island ferry docks and the water. Service was friendly and efficient.

Two issues:
Although a late check out had been arranged, the cleaning staff were not told so they were still banging on my door spot on 11 a.m.

The breakfast buffet was disappointing enough that even though it was included in the price of the room, I headed out to a nearby restaurant for a better breakfast on the second day of my stay. Dryed out scrambled eggs and a fruit salad that included only the cheapest of canned fruit were not to my taste.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Good morning CanadaKate,

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will look into our buffet food quality and review our late departure policy for improvements where possible.

Thanks again, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We checked in and went right to our room. The front desk let us know that a hockey team was staying in the hotel this weekend. We saw many young boys running around but not bothering anyone. Just being boys! Our room was great. The bathroom floor was heated so no cold tile in the middle of the night. Our view was of the harbor and was beautiful.... As I was grabbing my bag at the closed room door, I heard a hotel employee returning a few boys to the parents in the room across the hall. She made it very clear that they were to keep an eye on their children as their were other guests in the hotel and she did not want to have to evict anyone. The parents were cooperative and very nice about it. We did not hear any noise during the nite. My boyfriend made use of the pool and sauna and said they were really nice. Lovely stay... only bad comment was that we had to pay $14.00 a day to park in the lot attached to the hotel.... :(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear deborah a,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy our facility and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is consistently good. I've stayed many times and the room quality is always good, the cleanliness is excellent and the friendliness of the front desk staff is great. This trip I was particularity happy to be helped out by Holly Marie who was extra friendly in a natural way that front desk staff should be. Always my first choice in Kingston. If I had one suggestion it would be to improve the buffet lunch menu in Doxx. Other than that rest assured you will be happy with your stay. Make sure you check out The Merchant just up the street especially if The Trevor Walsh band is playing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water front side have small balconies but nice views of the harbour.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnKingston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear kawarthaguy,

You mention 3 legends of Kingston: The Merchant, Trevor Walsh and of course Hollie Marie at the Holiday Inn!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to your arrival again in the near future.

Scott Follwell