“The Return Was Even Better!”

Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was so impressed with this hotel when I stayed here last summer that I chose to book it for my return trip to Kingston. Reading the reviews since the previous one I left, it seems guests were not happy with how far the property is from Downtown Kingston. To me, this is not an issue. Kingston has public transit and Taxi's so that's always an option. For those who are in transit along the 401 and need a place to stay overnight, the hotel is close by from the exit.

The reason why I like this hotel is because of the value you get and still have a clean room and comfortable bed to sleep on. The initial room I checked into had a malfunctioning AC unit so I called front desk to have it looked at and few minutes later, maintenance came to inspect it, and reported it to front desk who were great in moving me to a next room without hassle. What could of been a negative was quickly dealt with. (Thank you Kevin!)

Since I'm not fond of having a lot of kids take over the pool area, I like how there's a period for an Adult only swim (10:30-11:00pm) and the duo hot tubs, steam room and dry sauna is great to use following a dip in the pool. I can see why many hockey teams would book this hotel during tournament season. I understand to others, having that many kids stay could effect the quality of their stay which is why I would be weary of booking this hotel during some of the winter weekends. (Ask first if there's hockey tournaments in Kingston that weekend)

The Channel selection on TV is more than adequate (40 channels), and the bathrooms were spotless, functioning and well supplied. While It's a 5-10 minute car ride to downtown Kingston, this hotel still gets full marks for quality & value.

I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Great price, friendly staff, room seemed to have been recently redone. Didn't use the pool but it looked good. Only negative--the two large insects I found on the wall and desk. Not sure what the were, but they left me unnerved.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S S
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I tried to book a hotel in Kingston and actually had two hotels booked, one for Friday night, one for Saturday. As I was visiting the city with four grandchildren under 11, the thought of changing hotels was daunting especially after the original 4 hour drive to get here.
The Ambassador happened to have vacancy for the 2nd night so, after cancelling the other hotel, the front desk staff went out of their way to put me into a room that I could stay in for the two days. Apparently soccer tournaments are causing the lack of availability.

The room was extremely clean, well appointed, with lots of pillows on comfortable beds and clean plush bedding.

I would classify this hotel as a mid to higher end in price range, but the quality of the rooms combined with the reception staff and the waterpark (for the grandkids), makes the price well worth it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spectacular but for approximately $10 more, you get a sleep number bed. I chos...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank filickar
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We had a friendly greeting and the room was large and clean. It was a drive to the centre of kingston though-difnitely not walking distance. However we only stayed one night and didn't find it much bother. The dinner at the hotel was average and unless you drive into kingston you don't really have a choice. On the plus side there was a pool and a little games room.For a short stop over it really did serve it's purpose.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andreamillard
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We we're there on our way to Toronto and because we wanted to do the 1000 islands boottrip in Gan. If that is your case, this hotel is perfect.
If you're there because you want to visit Kingston, don't. It is simply too far away.
Staff is very helpfull and the rooms are clean and big enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 June 2012

found that the place was out of the way. long distance to the downtown area. lots of mosquitos in the early evening. Service was great and room was very comfortable. no view of anything. wish there had a been a small fridge in room. would not book again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garry S
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We spent a lovely night at the Ambassador last Friday. We were in town for a wedding and our room was very clean and welcoming. We enjoyed the waterpark during the evening and felt lifeguards were doing a good job keeping order but it was busy. Room was quiet although hotel was full. Had a slight TV issue and maintenance came within minutes.

In the a.m. I went out to McD's to get a bite for my kids. To my shock and horror when I returned to my room there was no syrup or butter in the bag. Took a chance and went down to JM"S. Without paying or even asking me if I was a guest hostess/waitress Cassie gave me syrup and butter to take out with a smile. She made my day and needs a raise. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family