I was so impressed with this hotel when I stayed here last summer that I chose to book it for my return trip to Kingston. Reading the reviews since the previous one I left, it seems guests were not happy with how far the property is from Downtown Kingston. To me, this is not an issue. Kingston has public transit and Taxi's so that's always an option. For those who are in transit along the 401 and need a place to stay overnight, the hotel is close by from the exit.
The reason why I like this hotel is because of the value you get and still have a clean room and comfortable bed to sleep on. The initial room I checked into had a malfunctioning AC unit so I called front desk to have it looked at and few minutes later, maintenance came to inspect it, and reported it to front desk who were great in moving me to a next room without hassle. What could of been a negative was quickly dealt with. (Thank you Kevin!)
Since I'm not fond of having a lot of kids take over the pool area, I like how there's a period for an Adult only swim (10:30-11:00pm) and the duo hot tubs, steam room and dry sauna is great to use following a dip in the pool. I can see why many hockey teams would book this hotel during tournament season. I understand to others, having that many kids stay could effect the quality of their stay which is why I would be weary of booking this hotel during some of the winter weekends. (Ask first if there's hockey tournaments in Kingston that weekend)
The Channel selection on TV is more than adequate (40 channels), and the bathrooms were spotless, functioning and well supplied. While It's a 5-10 minute car ride to downtown Kingston, this hotel still gets full marks for quality & value.
I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Heart of Kingston The Ambassador is conveniently located just off of Hwy 401 at the base of Sydenham Road exit #613, and we are only minutes away from essential services, facilities, and attractions, and the beautiful Downtown Kingston waterfront. Transforming Vision into Reality The Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre is proud to offer exceptional meeting facilities in the heart of Kingston. Our events and catering team offers expert knowledge in planning any type of event with paramount success. We strive to deliver a stress free way of transforming your vision into reality. Located in the Heart of Kingston The Ambassador is conveniently located just off of Hwy 401 at the base of Sydenham Road exit #613, and we are only minutes away from essential services, facilities, and attractions, and the beautiful Downtown Kingston waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Kingston
- Ambassador Conference Hotel
- Hotel Ambassador Conference
- Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre Kingston, Ontario, Canada