I stayed at the Ambassador for two days with my two young sons over the Christmas break, primarily for the waterpark (and to give their Mom and sisters a break!). The boys were not disappointed. As other reviews note, the indoor waterpark is wonderful for kids and and was a real treat and distraction from the cold winter weather. The water area is well-supervised and clean and we were there for hours. The lobby area is graced with a beautiful fireplace, leather chairs and couches, and lots of newspapers. The Ambassador has been owned by the same Kingston family for two generations and you can definitely feel the pride of ownership. Staff are courteous and deal with any requests or concerns you have (after the boys used all the towels in our bathroom I called the desk for new towels and they were delivered in less than 10 minutes). Our room with two double beds was very clean but somewhat dated, including the lack of electrical outlets and the older furniture, but it was fine overall. The only negative is that our room was in a hall with parents and kids involved in a hockey tournament and they were noisy at times. I only mention this because some of the locals have told me that the Ambassador is now one of the prime locations for tournament accommodation. Still, overall we had a good experience and I recommend this for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Heart of Kingston The Ambassador is conveniently located just off of Hwy 401 at the base of Sydenham Road exit #613, and we are only minutes away from essential services, facilities, and attractions, and the beautiful Downtown Kingston waterfront. Transforming Vision into Reality The Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre is proud to offer exceptional meeting facilities in the heart of Kingston. Our events and catering team offers expert knowledge in planning any type of event with paramount success. We strive to deliver a stress free way of transforming your vision into reality. Located in the Heart of Kingston The Ambassador is conveniently located just off of Hwy 401 at the base of Sydenham Road exit #613, and we are only minutes away from essential services, facilities, and attractions, and the beautiful Downtown Kingston waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Kingston
- Ambassador Conference Hotel
- Hotel Ambassador Conference
- Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre Kingston, Ontario, Canada