“Wi-fi and Air Conditioning”
Review of Green Acres Inn

Green Acres Inn
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto
“Wi-fi and Air Conditioning”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a nicely appointed motel.
If wireless internet and a quite sleep is important to you, choose another property.

We were in the back section and the wi-fi only worked outside the room next to our car.

If you are travelling during the summer, be prepared for a noisy window air conditioner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SweetWater8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Little Current, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We found this hotel on trip advisor after searching for a hotel to stay at for 3 nights for my husband And myself and our 3 kids. Let me say this place gave us way more than expected!!!! The rooms are new and fresh and CLEAN!!!! The staff at the front desk and the cleaning staff all were friendly and wonderful! And for our family, having a very nicely maintained area for running in the grass, swinging on the swing, and swimming was a nice change from the traditional motel/ hotel experience!! Would totally reccomend this place!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise G
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in #30 which was a corner unit. It is away from the main road and quieter. We stayed in the Spa room which I find to be a little too expensive than what I would like to pay. However with that being said, we booked in an extra night! The four-poster bed has a luxurious mattress that you sink right into and there are many fluffy pillows which includes a body pillow. The steam 'room'/shower is absolutely wonderful and incredibly relaxing. I think that this is what you are paying for. :) I want to immediately start our own bathroom spa renovation which will definitely include a steam room like this one. Can't say enough about it! Although the motel is not located downtown, my husband and I were able to walk to Smitty's for breakfast. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CarolinaLaur
Quebec
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was greeted with a great big smile from a friendly girl named Sarah. She was very helpful and gave me the information that I needed for my stay in Kingston. Thank you so very much Sarah. I had a lovely time & a good night sleep. Pretty would best describe this inn. The flowers in the washroom and all the smelly goodies are a nice touch. The jacuzzi bath was just an added bonus for me. The room was exactly what was described on your website. Clean. Comfortable. Affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a lovely room complete with a small refrigerator, carnation at the sink and a beautifully landscaped pool. This is a very very clean property and a great value for the weary traveler(s). The staff was most pleasant and the specialty chocolate pieces at the front desk was an extra treat. Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the Green Acres Inn for one night based on the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. We could have done better. It's basically a motel with a little extra. They're trying hard and the people were really nice and helpful, which is a huge plus. But the room was a disappointment - furniture seemed a bit shabby, lighting was very poor (could barely read in bed), no desk (even though it was called an "executive junior suite"), coffee pot not rinsed properly (soapy film), The motel's on a pretty busy commercial strip - a drive to downtown Kingston, waterfront, or shopping. It was okay for one night, but it's far from the nicest place I've stayed at that price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank advok8
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This motel is clean, well kept, room rate was 129.00 which was okay for 2 queen beds. Has a pool and well kept lawns.
Motel is top rated on Tripadvisor which got me interested.
Service was great, no problem at all. I think if you want a motel or are visiting a son/daughter at Queen's University this is good.
Visiting Kingston my thought might be for value of hotel blended with location. Green Acre is a bit outside the main area. I think the Holiday Inn or others located on water front have a big advantage, if room rate for them is 175 or 225 I would think that could be a better deal. For a motel there is nothing negative to say, if you are visiting Kingston and want a convenient location too it might be worth comparing hotels right on the waterfront which is also adjacent to the restaurants and markets. Princess Street, the end NEAR the water is great.
I have had a hard time deciding what to write, location and price I would have to lean towards downtown. Downtown Kingston has a lot to offer, cool restaurants, stores, social life.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family