“Please do not stay here”
Review of Kozy Inn

Kozy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Kozy Inn
Ranked #37 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This was without a doubt one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. The carpeting was so dirty our feet stuck to it, there were no chairs for anyone to sit on just beds. The bathroom had very little hot water and 4 towels total for 3 adults (which we registered and paid extrafor) and none were ever offered or produced when asked. The television was a nightmare offering cable tv, the tv had no remote and didn't work properly without it.. when asked the owner claimed he had to order one from GE. Sorry buddy but you can buy one at wal mart for $10. There were bare outlets on the walls without covers and a general state of disrepair. They advertise a heated pool, it was there ok and clean but there was NO WATER IN IT. Take my advice and stay in a chain hotel or find one you know.. this was a waste of money and time. We stay in hotels often and are not hard to please but this was just beyond help.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sahara1973

Reviewed 28 April 2009

I stayed in the hotel for one nite and it was a living hell. MC
The bed felt like you were in a 50 year old cottage and smelt even worse. MC
There were bugs and crawly thingies everywhere.

NEVER AGAIN. I wouldn't advise this hotel to ANYONE

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MC1979MTO
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2009

I stayed at the Kozy Inn and there were bed bugs and I informed the Manager and all he told me was I was a complainer and because I complained, it would follow me everywhere I went.

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Obviously it was no hampton inn but for the rate we got it was excellent- staff was nice .. rooms were clean and smelled good- we enjoyed our stay

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I have never seen a disaster until we went to the kozy inn.
The room had an air conditioner but it was in a corner on the floor, bed rails leaning against a wall, bed spread stained.
the screen door would not open but that was okay as there was no screen there anyway so reaching in to unlock it was no problem. I would not advise any one to stay there at all.
Please look at the rooms before you pay for it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I had family members that where very ill and I needed a room for 2 nights. when I arrived the management "Cathy" was very helpful and polite . If I needed anything they where there for me. thanks for a wonderful stay

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank cosmo5
Reviewed 11 October 2005

We were suppose to stay the Kozy Inn in Kingston for 3 nights over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We were booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. We only stayed 1 full night and left at 10:00 pm on the Saturday night and moved to a different hotel. The rooms of the Kozy Inn are not what you would think - they are not Kozy at all. The beds are saggy and uncomfortable and the furniture was old and had seen better days. Although the front desk staff was friendly when we arrived, their tune changed when I went to the front desk to express my concerns about the room. They didn't even offer to have someone come to the room to check the cleanliness and the broken bathroom door.

On the Friday night there were a couple of rooms just down from ours that were being very loud and disrespectful to the us and other guests. We asked them if they could please be a little quieter and take their party into their respective rooms - we were told that they didn't have to as their uncle owned the hotel. I then went to the front desk and spoke with the manager, who admitted to me that his nephews had rooms there for the weekend and that they could party as much as they wanted to until 11:00 pm, which is when quiet time started. That was not the case and they continued to party until the wee hours of the morning, preventing us and maybe even others from getting some rest. When I complained the next morning, the hotel staff said there wasn't anything they could do about it as it was now over and done with.

We went out for the day to spend time with family in the area and do some shopping, when we returned about 5:00 pm to get ready for dinner, our room had not be cleaned. I called the front desk and they told me that housekeeping was done for the day as far as room cleaning went unless it was an emergency (ie. toilet overflowing or something like that). We found out we would have to wait until the next morning for it to be cleaned. I then went to the front desk to speak with the manager and received the same response. They didn't really seem to care.

We decided to go out for dinner and when we returned around 9:00 pm, we could not find a place to park as the people who were partying the previous night decided to party again, this time inviting others to the party that took up many of the parking spaces, leaving no room for hotel guests. I, again, went to the front desk and was told that if there were no parking spots left, that I could park at the A&W a couple of doors over and then move my car back when a space became available. I told them that this was unacceptable as I was a paying guest and had endured about enough. "There is nothing I can do", said the person at the front desk.

We returned to our room, gathered our things and called another hotel just down the road. We told them our situation and all they had left were suites. They offered to give us a suite for the same price as a standard room considering what we had already been through. We left immediately and enjoyed our stay at the other hotel.

I would never recommend the Kozy Inn to friends, family, strangers or my enemies. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2005