“Great location, Good service, clean basic room”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, ON
“Great location, Good service, clean basic room”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Has everything that you need. Great location, basic room, comfy bed, great service at the front desk and a lobby bar. The views from the room are okay if you have a room that has a lake view. I stay here on visits to Kingston. It's not a 4 star, but has everything that you need.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
MochaP,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Four Points while visiting Kingston. I’m happy to hear that our location, comfortable beds and our great staff keep you coming back to stay with us. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Montreal
Reviewed 25 March 2013

While this may be one of the better places to stay in Kingston and I booked on Hotwire that said this was a 3.5 star, this property deserves a 3 star at most. First, the rooms are very dark and lit up with these flourcescent energy savings bulbs. I am all for energy savings, but not at the cost of poor hotel room lighting. Secondly, the carpets are not soft and plush on the feet. Thirdly, the noise from the outside rooms were terrible. I could hear doors closing, voices, etc.

I like to be pleasantly suprised when staying at mid-level hotels and in this case, I wasn't. Would I stay here if I had to again? Maybe. Would I ask to be in a quiet location? YES. Would I stay here for more than 2 nights? Probably not.

I have been at much nicer 4 Points.

I just think this place was clean, but average.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kabecker
Renee B, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
kabecker,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit and appreciate your feedback on the lighting in the guest rooms. We value you as our guest and hope that you'll visit us again.

Ottawa
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We spent two nights here and we had a very nice, clean room. Although the window faced away from the waterfront, the view out the window was still equally impressive as that from the windows facing the harbour, with the Romanesque dome of St. George's Cathedral dominating the landscape along with other similar domes and steeples in the background.
One drawback is that being in the downtown core, there is a $15 fee for parking, unlike hotels closer to the suburbs where parking is free; however this is characteristic of many downtown hotels in most cities.
My daughters greatly enjoyed the swimming pool on the fourth floor, but I found it was almost impossible to brush their hair, which had become not only extremely tangled, but took on a highly adhesive property afterwards. Are they putting too much chlorine in the pool? Is there something else being added as well? My daughters often go swimming at many City pools around here in Ottawa and they have never had that effect on their hair before.
Although the cleaning staff seems to do a thorough job cleaning, they fail to replenish the shampoo which is in a dispenser installed on the wall in the shower area as opposed to in tiny bottles left by the staff near the sink. We had no shampoo the first morning when I showered and I decided to see if the staff would notice this on their own, so I didn't say anything. Second morning, the shampoo dispenser was still empty. The staff has yet to be empowered with the knowledge that shampoo dispensers will effectively replace those tiny shampoo bottles ONLY when they are refilled on a regular basis.

Room Tip: If your room faces away from the water, the view is still amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike G
Mike G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your two night stay at Four Points Kingston. We're pleased to hear that you found the landscape view from your window equally impressive as the waterfront rooms. It's great to hear that your daughters enjoyed swimmng in the pool and we will be sure to address the pool chemical levels to assure they meet the quality standards. I'm please that you found the cleaning staff to do a thorough job cleaning and do apologize for the oversight on refilling the shampoo dispenser. Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope you'll visit us again soon! Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 4 nights. We had intended to only stay for 3, but decided to extend our stay. The room was very clean, and the staff were fantastic. The front desk staff were very helpful and totally exceeded expectations. The cleaning staff were friendly, and our room was always well cleaned.

My only complaint is about the hotel restaurant. Breakfast servers were generally good, but we found the dinner servers to be non-engaged, and some food came out cold. The roomservice fee was also astronomical. Kingston has excellent restaurants, I would recommend eating at one of the nearby restaurants rather than eating at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MeggieBeth
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
MeggieBeth,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent visit with us at Four Points Kingston. We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff, and I'm glad they were friendly and helpful. I appreciate your candid feedback about our servers and the food. We will work on making improvements in this area. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again. Thanks and safe travels.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

We only spent one night here on the way to Toronto but the room was nice and clean. The staff were polite and helpful. Also the beds were really comfortable. In hate sleeping in hotel beds so I'm very picky.

The only negative was we had to leave quickly in the morning and the girl at the counter wanted to go through the whole process of going over my bill to explain that there were no extra charges. Sorry we were in an rush so please respect travelers needs for time.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave W
Dave W,
Thank your for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Four Points Kingston and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and our beds comfortable. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll visit us again.
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I spent the last week of February 2013 at this hotel, for business purposes and found this hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. It was not lavish or fancy but a solid hotel none-the-less. Unfortunately I did not have time to check out the pool/sauna facilities (was a very busy week for me work-wise), but can tell you the food prepared by the hotel for the course I attended was superb. The staff were very accommodating and always helpful. At one point we had a fire alarm, the fire department was called and we were out and back in the hotel (after we had the all clear) in no time. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
rhonad,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Four Points Kingston. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we're glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. I'm glad to hear that you liked our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our wonderful, helpful staff. Good to know you enjoyed the restaurant too! Thanks again and please visit us again the next time you're in Kingston.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Here is a great hotel located right downtown in Kingston. With plenty of action in the summer, it still offers a hotel located next to local shopping. The rooms are quiet with some great views of either the city core or the St. Lawrence River. The staff are well trained and courteous. The bet part of this hotel is the attachment of a local pub that offers great food and great wings or mussels. I have stayed here many times while commuting from Montreal to Toronto. Breaks up the trip with a restful sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
michaelcanada,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you staying with us at Four Points Kingston, and we're glad you enjoy your visits. I'm glad you've found a quiet, comfortable place to rest during your exhausting travels. We enjoy your company and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and safe travels.