All reviewsgreat locationsizzle restaurantunderground parkinghotel restaurantking streetmarket squareheart of downtownfront desk staffcity hallrestaurants and barsrooms are cleanpool and hot tubgreat roomlake ontarioone night staystarwoodwaterfront
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just got back from a one night stay in Kingston… two buddies on a sports road trip and hitting the OHL Kingston Frontenacs.

We are SPG Gold members and patronize Sheraton/Westin properties on almost all our travels.

The good?
Superb location. Plenty of pubs and eateries in walking distance. K-Rock Center a 5 minute walk away. Nice downtown vibe for a smaller Canadian city. The gentleman who checked us in and out was very polite and helpful. It was quiet and we got a good nights sleep.

The bad?
This hotel is kind of a dump compared to other Sheratons, and incredibly, they rank this as a Cat-4 hotel. I'd give it a 2, tops. The room was clean, but sparsely furnished and dingy. The lobby was a disaster I think they were doing construction. If they weren't and that's the permanent condition of the public space then shame on them. Pool was closed, the whole place was a mess.

The ugly?
We prepaid for a room and specifically requested 2 beds… you know.. two dudes on a hockey outing. Upon check in, the guy recognized our gold status and said he was upgrading us to a junior suite. Awesome, or so we thought. We got to the room, and found but one queen sized bed in this sparsely furnished and somewhat dingy "suite". We headed back to the lobby and asked for our previously booked accommodations. The guy who checked us in was on break, and the young lady informed us that they were full and no rooms were available so we were stuck with the "upgrade". As far as I'm concerned we did not get what we paid for. And "the place was full" was an outright lie… I immediately went online and attempted to book 4 rooms for that night, all with two queen beds, and the search came up with rooms available.

Room Tip: I'm grateful that I didn't burn 10,000 SPG points for this property… hugely overpriced as a Cat-4 hotel. If you come here look for deals on the Starwood web site or go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thesportsroadtrip,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. We would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Four Points in Kingston for one night while on business. While I obtained a very attractive rate, I was rather disappointed with several aspects of the hotel. To start, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations which meant that the swimming pool was closed. While I appreciate that the renovations will ultimately enhance the hotel, I wish I had known about this before I booked the hotel. More importantly, however, I had a junior suite and was disappointed with the overall state of the room. I think the hotel could use a complete makeover. The furniture and floor in my suite were not very well cleaned and the couch seemed like it had seen better days.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way west, and found the hotel to be under construction. "Oh no. It's going to be loud and dusty," I thought. However, it turned out to be a very pleasant experience. Not only was the staff exceptionally accommodating to our late arrival, but we heard no noise, and had no problems throughout our stay. The beds were firm but comfortable. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

marcusaurelius113,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at Sheraton Four Points Kingston. We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your travels, and we're glad our comfortable accommodations and exceptional service made for a pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at the Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston for one nights while visiting Kingston. It was a welcome change of pace from the motels outside the city centre.

VALUE: Thanks to Hotwire, I was able to get a deal on my room, enabling me to pay about as much as I had at the lesser Howard Johnson the night before.

LOCATION: The hotel is ideally located in downtown Kingston. The core itself is compact enough to be navigated by foot. Great view from the room too, overlooking what I believe was Wolfe Island.

SLEEP QUALITY: Sleep quality was excellent.

ROOMS: Nothing memorable, but comfortable and perfectly adequate.

CLEANLINESS: The room was clean and fresh.

SERVICE: Not much interaction with staff, but they seemed friendly at check-in and check-out.

SPA: The pool and sauna were typical for mid-range chains. I recall that the hot tub was not in operation at the time.

I would happily recommend the Four Points to anyone with a moderate budget looking to stay in downtown Kingston.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Aaron R,
Thank you for writing a review from your experience at Four Points Kingston. It's great to hear that our central location and comfortable accommodations added value to your stay. We appreciate your review and recommendations of our great hotel. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel while I was traveling for work.

I had to stay in Kingston so it was important to stay downtown and be close to everything. I met Heather at the front desk who gave me an overview of the hotel and I would continually come to the front desk for directions and recommendations for dinner.

The hotel fills up with students for conferences and is used quite often. A great hotel to check out if you want to be close to everything

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Michael K,
We appreciate you selecting Sheraton Kingston while traveling for work, and we thank you for writing a review about your experience. It's great to hear that our central location and friendly service made for an enjoyable stay. I'll be certain to recognize Heather with a special commendation for her sincere hospitality. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.