All reviews great location sizzle restaurant underground parking hotel restaurant king street market square heart of downtown front desk staff city hall restaurants and bars rooms are clean great room pool and hot tub lake ontario one night stay starwood waterfront
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Just steps from the Kingston Brew Pub and at least four top-notch restaurants! Every stay here, I have been treated to a spotlessly clean room, in a quiet building, and attended to by deferential but competent staff. Breakfast is acceptable for a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking King or Clarence Streets tend to be noisier than ones on the east or south.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

zubill,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback from your stay with us at Four Points Kingston. It's fantastic to hear that we consistently deliver clean accommodations and excellent service during your visits. Thank you again for your review and patronage. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed New Year's Eve because we were attending a party. The room was very basic and I was very surprised there wasn't fridge and no microwave Went to get ice. And every floor the ice machines were not working. The elevator was was full if empty beer bottles and garbage. The internet did not work at all. The bedroom was very basic and plain. Overall we were dissatisfied with everything except the location.

• Stayed: January 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

shazzygirl,
Thank you for writing. It's unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope to have an opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just got back from a one night stay in Kingston… two buddies on a sports road trip and hitting the OHL Kingston Frontenacs.

We are SPG Gold members and patronize Sheraton/Westin properties on almost all our travels.

The good?
Superb location. Plenty of pubs and eateries in walking distance. K-Rock Center a 5 minute walk away. Nice downtown vibe for a smaller Canadian city. The gentleman who checked us in and out was very polite and helpful. It was quiet and we got a good nights sleep.

The bad?
This hotel is kind of a dump compared to other Sheratons, and incredibly, they rank this as a Cat-4 hotel. I'd give it a 2, tops. The room was clean, but sparsely furnished and dingy. The lobby was a disaster I think they were doing construction. If they weren't and that's the permanent condition of the public space then shame on them. Pool was closed, the whole place was a mess.

The ugly?
We prepaid for a room and specifically requested 2 beds… you know.. two dudes on a hockey outing. Upon check in, the guy recognized our gold status and said he was upgrading us to a junior suite. Awesome, or so we thought. We got to the room, and found but one queen sized bed in this sparsely furnished and somewhat dingy "suite". We headed back to the lobby and asked for our previously booked accommodations. The guy who checked us in was on break, and the young lady informed us that they were full and no rooms were available so we were stuck with the "upgrade". As far as I'm concerned we did not get what we paid for. And "the place was full" was an outright lie… I immediately went online and attempted to book 4 rooms for that night, all with two queen beds, and the search came up with rooms available.

Room Tip: I'm grateful that I didn't burn 10,000 SPG points for this property… hugely overpriced as a Cat-4 hotel. If you come here look for deals on the Starwood web site or go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thesportsroadtrip,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. We would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Four Points in Kingston for one night while on business. While I obtained a very attractive rate, I was rather disappointed with several aspects of the hotel. To start, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations which meant that the swimming pool was closed. While I appreciate that the renovations will ultimately enhance the hotel, I wish I had known about this before I booked the hotel. More importantly, however, I had a junior suite and was disappointed with the overall state of the room. I think the hotel could use a complete makeover. The furniture and floor in my suite were not very well cleaned and the couch seemed like it had seen better days.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way west, and found the hotel to be under construction. "Oh no. It's going to be loud and dusty," I thought. However, it turned out to be a very pleasant experience. Not only was the staff exceptionally accommodating to our late arrival, but we heard no noise, and had no problems throughout our stay. The beds were firm but comfortable. Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

marcusaurelius113,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at Sheraton Four Points Kingston. We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your travels, and we're glad our comfortable accommodations and exceptional service made for a pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thanks again for writing.