“Steps from lots of great things to do and see”

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I always find it interesting when I read other reviews about places I have been. Some folks see it in an entirely different light, some folks see it the same. I am actually here, right now, enjoying a great steak and glass of wine at the restaurant "Sizzle" attached to the hotel.

I am a weekly patron of the Four Points and have stayed at other hotels here in Kingston, yet keep coming back here. I haven't slept this good while travelling since Italy last year. The Hotel is clean, competitively priced, and located in an excellent place, walking distance from just about anything you want to do. The Hotel has plenty of accessible parking (I drive a gas guzzling Avalanche SUV) that fits nicely in the underground, secure parking.

Pick a room (or ask for one) that faces East and watch the sun come up over the lake, amazing!

Try the "Sizzle" - just had a New York Strip, with a great "market" salad, the perfect end to my hectic day here in Kingston today. Looking forward to another great nights sleep.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces East!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Randy S,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Four Points Kingston. We appreciate your return visits and compliments regarding the high level of service, cleanliness, and convenience that you consistently experience. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. While the hotel was nice and clean, the room was pretty spartan in decor and there was no refrigerator. There was also no information in my room about local restaurants. If you wanted information, you either had to call the front desk or go down to the lobby to speak with someone at the front desk or go through their brochure rack. Also, the ice machine on our floor was broken. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

AmyJo55,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate you choosing Four Points Kingston on your recent business trip, and we're glad our friendly service and clean hotel met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us on areas where we can make improvements. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter who is at Queens. The hotel is downtown and our first challenge was finding any parking spot to stop at while we checked in and got access to their parking garage. We literally had to drive around the hotel block 4 times. We finally snagged a pay parking spot. The reception was decent and friendly, however, once we got to our room we quickly realized there was no fridge. I went back to reception and was told there were sports teams in the hotel and they had taken the limited number the hotel had available. Now I travel A LOT for business and I was shocked to find a hotel that is $180/night and does not provide a fridge. The man at reception offered to get me a large ice bucket which I said yes to. I went back to my room and the ice bucket never came!

We had a couple of other things (people were smoking in the stairwell which we were next to and the odor travelled plus the sports team kids were running noisily in the halls) which were not the hotel's fault but did not add to the situation.

The next morning when we checked out the man at reception asked how our stay was. I gave him honest feedback about the parking and fridge and he just said, "Well, have a nice day". Don't ask the question if you are not prepared to deal with the feedback!!!

I have stayed at other motels outside of the downtown core with clean facilities and a fridge for $100 less. I would not stay here again. I gave it a 2 star because the rooms were clean and some updating has been done and the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank islandgirlth
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

islandgirlth,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate guest feedback as a way to continuously improve our product and service. It's unfortunate to hear all the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had 2 different stays at the Four Points in the span of 2 weeks and the overall property was amazing. The room felt like an apartment here in Toronto. I will definitely stay there again when I am in Kingston :)

Room Tip: become an SPG member!! or ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reg B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Reg B,
Thank you for your review and return visit to Four Points Kingston. It's great to know our spacious accommodations exceeded your expectations and made for an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your review and patronage.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed overnight at this hotel twice in the past month. For me this is the equivalent of a budget hotel needing some new beds. On both occasion I did not have the best of sleep as the bed was worn out unevenly. Why did I stay there a second night then? Price!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Michel S,
Thank you for writing and sharing feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that our beds did not meet your satisfaction and we're sorry for the issues you experienced in comfort. We value your business and hope to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night. I had been there before and have always enjoyed my time here. Check in was easy and pleasant. The stay was very comfortable. The location was very convenient to all the amenities of the city. We had called a few days before to get a crib and at the time they upgraded us to a suite, which was great. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Kbro15s,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at Four Points Kingston. It's fantastic to hear of all the aspects that made for a comfortable stay. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your high recommendations of our great hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We just passed two nights there. Had a special rate, if not, it can be expensive. What is good is the location. You have a Food Basics, LCBO, Subway, Tim Hortons at about 3 minutes walk. If you want there's also a Metro, a McDonalds, a Staple, at about 6 min. Also you are at one block of the market and hundred restaurants, shops, etc. My only complaint is the water in the spa was incredibly hot !!! We were not able to go in. The pool was hot enough to go, but full of children.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieL753

JulieL753,
Thank you for writing. It's great to know that our location perfectly suited your needs and provided many options and conveniences during your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the water temperature in the spa and have addressed this concern with our staff to heighten awareness of this issue. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.