“One person can make a whole lot of difference!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston

Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Toronto, Canada
“One person can make a whole lot of difference!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have stayed at different “four points” before across Ontario, and I can’t recall an extraordinary experience, so I was not expecting one either at this hotel… but, I am glad I was wrong! The one major thing that really has made our stay a pleasant one was meeting one of the front desk staff named Troy. When I made the reservation, I spoke with him who sounded very professional and friendly. And lucky for us, he was the one who was working at the time of our check-in. He was the best in terms of giving us directions and suggestions, either for parking, dining and anything else in between! At one point, I have locked myself out of the room and he resolved the issue right away, gave me another card after verification, also I told him that I needed to make a local phone call; and he was nice enough to let me use the front desk phone! These “little” things are HUGE for me; since some other properties tend to miss out the customer’s (little – and at times urgent) needs! He truly made the whole experience much better! Troy should be recognized for a great, friendly and professional customer service!
Overall, the hotel staff was friendly (I only met two; Troy and another guy who was working in evening). He was also very accommodating as we needed a mini fridge and microwave, and he brought it in to our room for us in no time!
The hotel itself is nice and clean, but the exterior needs some work; also the elevators are REALLY slow and old! The beds were comfy, and the location was perfect for us as it was right in core of downtown. There are many great restaurants around; within walking distance! Also, upon check-in they give you warm cookies which were a nice touch! The hotel has a hair salon and a restaurant attached to it, so you can get into both within hotel corridors. Also for the restaurant (Sizzle), we dine in there for the breakfast, good food but I think a bit limited options! We had lunch there too; at Sizzle; and it was really good food, amazing feta berry salad and chicken, seemed everyone else in my party enjoyed their food, even the one person who is a very picky eater finished off his plate!! Overall, the restaurant food quality and service was great!

Room Tip: facing the lake/river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank glory_coy
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
glory_coy,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your stay at Four Points Kingston. Thank you especially for recognizing Troy's efforts in service, he will be thrilled to know that his sincere hospitality had such a positive impact to your stay. I look forward to sharing your compliments and will be certain to award him with a special commendation on his excellence in service. It's wonderful to hear we exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Andrew Holmes, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Casselman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I always find it interesting when I read other reviews about places I have been. Some folks see it in an entirely different light, some folks see it the same. I am actually here, right now, enjoying a great steak and glass of wine at the restaurant "Sizzle" attached to the hotel.

I am a weekly patron of the Four Points and have stayed at other hotels here in Kingston, yet keep coming back here. I haven't slept this good while travelling since Italy last year. The Hotel is clean, competitively priced, and located in an excellent place, walking distance from just about anything you want to do. The Hotel has plenty of accessible parking (I drive a gas guzzling Avalanche SUV) that fits nicely in the underground, secure parking.

Pick a room (or ask for one) that faces East and watch the sun come up over the lake, amazing!

Try the "Sizzle" - just had a New York Strip, with a great "market" salad, the perfect end to my hectic day here in Kingston today. Looking forward to another great nights sleep.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces East!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Randy S,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Four Points Kingston. We appreciate your return visits and compliments regarding the high level of service, cleanliness, and convenience that you consistently experience. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. While the hotel was nice and clean, the room was pretty spartan in decor and there was no refrigerator. There was also no information in my room about local restaurants. If you wanted information, you either had to call the front desk or go down to the lobby to speak with someone at the front desk or go through their brochure rack. Also, the ice machine on our floor was broken. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AmyJo55,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate you choosing Four Points Kingston on your recent business trip, and we're glad our friendly service and clean hotel met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us on areas where we can make improvements. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter who is at Queens. The hotel is downtown and our first challenge was finding any parking spot to stop at while we checked in and got access to their parking garage. We literally had to drive around the hotel block 4 times. We finally snagged a pay parking spot. The reception was decent and friendly, however, once we got to our room we quickly realized there was no fridge. I went back to reception and was told there were sports teams in the hotel and they had taken the limited number the hotel had available. Now I travel A LOT for business and I was shocked to find a hotel that is $180/night and does not provide a fridge. The man at reception offered to get me a large ice bucket which I said yes to. I went back to my room and the ice bucket never came!

We had a couple of other things (people were smoking in the stairwell which we were next to and the odor travelled plus the sports team kids were running noisily in the halls) which were not the hotel's fault but did not add to the situation.

The next morning when we checked out the man at reception asked how our stay was. I gave him honest feedback about the parking and fridge and he just said, "Well, have a nice day". Don't ask the question if you are not prepared to deal with the feedback!!!

I have stayed at other motels outside of the downtown core with clean facilities and a fridge for $100 less. I would not stay here again. I gave it a 2 star because the rooms were clean and some updating has been done and the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank islandgirlth
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
islandgirlth,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate guest feedback as a way to continuously improve our product and service. It's unfortunate to hear all the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you once again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had 2 different stays at the Four Points in the span of 2 weeks and the overall property was amazing. The room felt like an apartment here in Toronto. I will definitely stay there again when I am in Kingston :)

Room Tip: become an SPG member!! or ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Reg B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Reg B,
Thank you for your review and return visit to Four Points Kingston. It's great to know our spacious accommodations exceeded your expectations and made for an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your review and patronage.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed overnight at this hotel twice in the past month. For me this is the equivalent of a budget hotel needing some new beds. On both occasion I did not have the best of sleep as the bed was worn out unevenly. Why did I stay there a second night then? Price!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Michel S,
Thank you for writing and sharing feedback. It's unfortunate to hear that our beds did not meet your satisfaction and we're sorry for the issues you experienced in comfort. We value your business and hope to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night. I had been there before and have always enjoyed my time here. Check in was easy and pleasant. The stay was very comfortable. The location was very convenient to all the amenities of the city. We had called a few days before to get a crib and at the time they upgraded us to a suite, which was great. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Kbro15s,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at Four Points Kingston. It's fantastic to hear of all the aspects that made for a comfortable stay. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your high recommendations of our great hotel.