I have stayed at different “four points” before across Ontario, and I can’t recall an extraordinary experience, so I was not expecting one either at this hotel… but, I am glad I was wrong! The one major thing that really has made our stay a pleasant one was meeting one of the front desk staff named Troy. When I made the reservation, I spoke with him who sounded very professional and friendly. And lucky for us, he was the one who was working at the time of our check-in. He was the best in terms of giving us directions and suggestions, either for parking, dining and anything else in between! At one point, I have locked myself out of the room and he resolved the issue right away, gave me another card after verification, also I told him that I needed to make a local phone call; and he was nice enough to let me use the front desk phone! These “little” things are HUGE for me; since some other properties tend to miss out the customer’s (little – and at times urgent) needs! He truly made the whole experience much better! Troy should be recognized for a great, friendly and professional customer service!
Overall, the hotel staff was friendly (I only met two; Troy and another guy who was working in evening). He was also very accommodating as we needed a mini fridge and microwave, and he brought it in to our room for us in no time!
The hotel itself is nice and clean, but the exterior needs some work; also the elevators are REALLY slow and old! The beds were comfy, and the location was perfect for us as it was right in core of downtown. There are many great restaurants around; within walking distance! Also, upon check-in they give you warm cookies which were a nice touch! The hotel has a hair salon and a restaurant attached to it, so you can get into both within hotel corridors. Also for the restaurant (Sizzle), we dine in there for the breakfast, good food but I think a bit limited options! We had lunch there too; at Sizzle; and it was really good food, amazing feta berry salad and chicken, seemed everyone else in my party enjoyed their food, even the one person who is a very picky eater finished off his plate!! Overall, the restaurant food quality and service was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Kingston offers guests a hotel with a great view of Kingston and Lake Ontario. We have 171 guest rooms and suites located close to 1000 Islands and Queen's University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points Hotel And Suites Kingston
- Four Points Hotel Kingston
- Four Points Kingston
- Kingston Four Points
- Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston Ontario, Canada