Pet-friendly can be a blessing or a curse depending on your situation. My wife is sensitive to cats and dogs , so we were unpleasantly surprised to find that this facility is pet-friendly. When we made the booking we were not asked or told about this and the place was full so we couldn't change rooms. Of course, this could be a bonus for many.
However, the room we had was quite nice - a junior suite with a separate bedroom and living room, both small, but entirely adequate. We were traveling with our daughter and son-in-law and their room just down the hall was similar but different in that the bedroom was a little bigger and the living room narrower, making it feel a bit cramped. It was clean and fresh (other than residual pet hair, which the cleaning staff made extra effort to remove for us), with a small empty fridge (very useful), a coffee maker with lousy coffee, a 32" wide-screen TV (but not HD service), a sofa-bed, one chair and a work desk. Free wi-fi provided.
The room was pretty quiet considering the hotel is located in the heart of downtown, but the AC unit was very noisy and they should install quiet-closing doors to avoid the typical door slamming noises. Windows can be opened for fresh air. Everything is a bit scuffed and scraped, but workable.
They have a large, clean, indoor pool and hot tub as well as a reasonably equipped exercise room. Parking is $14/night and is deep below the hotel in a dank, narrow access parking lot. Be careful around the corners because there is not much room to pass.
The hotel restaurant, Sizzlers, which I'll review separately, provides room service.
This is a great location in a great City. It's an easy walk to a LCBO and a large grocery store. It is surrounded by pubs and restaurants, shopping and lots of history. It is a great spot for history and architecture buffs. Just around the corner from the Hotel, you can take the sight-seeing trolley, which I recommend. For about $30 you get a 90 minute bus tour of the City and you can hop on and off for 24 hours. Take it first to orient yourself. Make sure to visit Fort Henry. Just next door is the Kingston Brewing Co. with good micro-brew beer (I'll review it too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Kingston offers guests a hotel with a great view of Kingston and Lake Ontario. We have 171 guest rooms and suites located close to 1000 Islands and Queen's University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Four Points Hotel and Suites Kingston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points Hotel And Suites Kingston
- Four Points Hotel Kingston
- Four Points Kingston
- Kingston Four Points
- Four Points Hotel And Suites Kingston Ontario, Canada