We came to Kingston at the most inconvenient time ( summer, lots of events going on in town... hotels were busy) We did not have a reservation anywhere, so we drove around and checked 6 places. Each had one room left at a price from 150 to 275 dollars per night.
Place #7 was the Secret Garden B&B. There was one last room left. We were completely charmed by interior, exterior and the hostess ( Cathy) . Price was $149, breakfast included.
Our room ( Angel's watch ) was small, but we only came there to sleep. It was clean, nice, there were magazines to read, all necessities in the bathroom.
The house inside was so nicely decorated, and outside you could sit a read a book by the running water by the a pond.
Breakfast was tasty, nice, almost fancy, a bit small, but coffee was never-ending and we were fine. Good company of other travelers made it very interesting. In the afternoon, tea, coffee and cookies were waiting for us,
We will definitely come back. This is an experience; and for the price less than that of chain hotel with cookie-cutter interiors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Secret Garden Inn is fully restored and historically designated, was built in 1888 in the Queen Anne Victorian style, and is located in the heart of Kingston's historic district next to downtown. Features gorgeous principal rooms, 7 exquisite guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, queen or king beds, complimentary Wi-Fi, onsite parking, and award winning gardens. Enjoy our complimentary gourmet style breakfast that has made us famous! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Bed And Breakfast Inn
- Secret Garden Hotel Kingston
- Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn Kingston, Ontario, Canada