Travelodge Kingston LaSalle Hotel
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 24 June 2013

There were three of us in Kingston for 1 night, & one person made the reservations. We got 3 adjoining rooms, main floor easily accessible from the rear parking lot. They were comfortably laid out, reasonably spacious, and equipped with a small fridge.

The rooms, especially the bathrooms were the cleanest I have seen in a hotel.

The front desk staff were efficient, friendly, provided express check out & internet, and readily accommodated special requests (wake up calls, calling taxis,).

Breakfast in the clean, comfortable restaurant was reasonably priced. The food was ok, but one order was served with burnt bacon (the server asked if I minded!).

The location was outside the city core, but Kingston is small. We had a wonderful stay, With a discount, the rooms were more than reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel looked great on the outside until we went to our rooms. #1 we were not
given the room type we requested even though reservations were
Made 6 months in advance.
#2. The first room we went to was worthy of being featured in a
horror film. It smelled moldy and like cigarette smoke. My step daughter
is alergic to both so we requested a new room.
#3. Next room was even worse.
I am fairly certain we could find bodies buried in the foundation
If we were to look.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trisha802
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed at Travelodge Kingston weekend of April 19-20th. Price was very reasonable. Staff at front desk was very pleasant and helpful. We didn't stay in the main building...we were given a room behind the main building in motel part of Travelodge. Room was clean, bathroom was large and bed was comfortable. There was a mini fridge in room which was a nice bonus. Overall, the hotel was not very fancy but, a pleasant, comfortable and clean stay. Would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I wasn't expecting too much from this property...after all, we had to book it because everything else was pretty much sold out. We were at my son's Provincial Basketball Tournament, however, there were many sports tournaments taking place on the same weekend. In any event, the rooms were fairly spacious, comfy beds, bar fridge and an extra sink outside the bathroom area which really helped a great deal. We also had a first floor room with a sliding door that led out to the parking which was very convenient for unloading and loading...we always seem to travel with the entire house to these tournaments to help keep costs down...we pack a cooler and bring breakfast items which is a good idea since breakfast is not included...however, there is a good restaurant located on the property and a Smitty's next door or a great supermarket across the street that sells excellent hot foods and has an extensive salad bar...can't remember the name. The pool area is quite nice and our team made great use of it. It's also a good location, less than 10 minutes to Queens University and the downtown waterfront. Front desk staff were great. The only negative for this property is that they do not offer an area for any teams to congregate for a meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I too stayed at this hotel during the noise issues. The staff at this hotel do not care about their guests. There should be some curteousy for guests who are sleeping. The hotel overcharges you for a below average room. I booked this hotel for 3 nights but due to these issues I only stayed for 1 night and rented a room at the bayside hotel. For much less, we found a much better value at bayside. Will not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Rooms are below average and hotel is under poor management
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joel L
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past few years with no problem. Last time I was there, there was a party going on in the hall while I was trying to sleep. People drinking, children running and screaming, adults being loud. I asked the people to please take the party to thir rooms and was treated rudely and ignored. I called the front desk and they didn't do much. I heard them come and ask the people to be quiet and after they left, the party just resumed. Now I don't mind people having fun, but when I pay the rate I did for a hotel to sleep in, I do expect to have enough peace and quiet to actually sleep.

I decided to give this hotel another try and booked again a few days ago. When I checked in I asked for a quiet room and was told that would be nearly impossible. The hotel is popular for hockey teams and the front desk people told me that they were really loud and there was nothing they could do to make them quiet. I was told that my quietest option would be the motel option in the separate building. I said fine, and after asking, I got a small discount. I got to my room, which was not as nice as the hotel section, the carpet was smelly, and I heard the toilet running. I went to check it and it didn't flush, just constant running of water. I went back to the lobby and got a new room. The room was functional, but still had carpet old enough to make you wish you'd brought slippers to wear inside. The room had the old grimy carpet, and cigarette burns on the counter. Now, if I hadn't paid over $100 this wouldn't bother me.

Given the kind of outdated motel room I got, and after being told I could not be guaranteed a quiet room by the hotel front desk staff...I will not be staying here again. I could get another motel with at least the same level of comfort for less...and next time that is what I will be doing.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 867jenny5309
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Spent 2 nights here February, had a great stay, rooms were very clean, staff all very friendly and helpful, restaurant on the property offers excellent meals (very generous portions) good price point. We were 5 people in one room with 2 queen beds and a folding cot, we had lots of room still in our suite, never felt crowded. Front desk gave us extra towels etc without hassle. Very professional staff through out our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, the room rates were more than reasonable and lots of parking available, pool was very clean as was hot tub and sauna.

Room Tip: Dont hesistate to book a room here, excellent rates, clean rooms and great restaurant on main floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends