“Hamburgers”

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Reviewed 7 August 2013

we tried 5 guys again and thought we should tell them what we thought. Very orgarnized staff when you get in. Kind and courteous. The hamburgers and fries are very good. One almost feels that you are eating healthy as compared to other burgers and fries there is no grease to taste. There is ample varieties of toppings. The only negative thing I have to say is I wish they would change the type of hamburger bread they are using. It just does not fit the hamburger very well - maybe offer whole wheat or mutli grain. Loved the peanuts in a shell to . 26 bucks gets you a double patti cheese hamburger/single pattie cheese and bacon hamburger /Large fire and two refillable pops. Staff are always cleaning the tables and area and the washrooms were very clean also

There are newer reviews for Five Guys

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Huge portions! One meal is enough for 2 people. Fresh Cut Fries -not frozen. Limited menu, but really good food.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have walked past this restaurant a number of times on our jaunts downtown. Nearing dinner we decided to give them a try. Glad we did. The first thing I noticed, and it's what I look for, is cleanliness. This place was spotless. The thing I really liked is that the staff was always on the move. They were either cooking, cleaning or prepping. The person who took our order was friendly and took the time to explain the menu and how it all worked. Awesome burger and great fries. Absolutely fresh, hot and delicious. The price, well, I think I would spend an extra couple of dollars for the quality of ingredients and the experience. For us, it's about great service and their staff were clearly well trained and took their jobs seriously.

Forget the peanuts, you won't have time :) Our food was up too quick!

1  Thank NickcaNick
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Have been a few times now since I wrote my 1st review. Time for an updated one.

The burgers are made to your liking, with plenty of condiments. I enjoy the fried onions the best.
I really enjoy taking that first bite, juicy hamburger and a fresh bun. You savour it down to your last bite. They have 3 sizes of fries now. I think the servings are smaller now as well. Could be just me, or the chip guy was having a bad day.
In any case I will be back.
This review is for the West end location, at the RioCan on Gardiner's Road

Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was the first time at a Five Guys for me. The burgers were good and the fries were hot, congrats on that, I hate cold fries. BUT my complaints are.....
1.. Tables and chairs were not only dirty they were wobbly.
2.. The floor was filthy, food and shells and straw wrappers were all over the place.
3.. MOST of all I was there with a older man (75) and the music was so loud it made his ears ring, not good, it was even getting top me.
With all that said when I come back next year I might give it one more shot.... After all everyone deserves a second chance.