“Amazing food and outstanding service!!!”

The Greek Islands Mediterranean Grill and Bar
Ranked #37 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Hillendale
Kingston, Canada
“Amazing food and outstanding service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been going to the Greek Island for a few years now and I've always been so happy my experience!

First to start off, the service is great! Everyone is really friendly, you can tell that they truly care about their customers leaving happy!

The food is very flavorful and it tastes fresh. The menu has plenty of variety, so everyone in your group is bound to find something they like. I am a big lover of salads, and the village salad is my personal favorite. I either pick it up to bring home as a side dish or I dine in the restaurant and make it a meal by adding chicken. The stuffed chicken is also one of my favorites!

When it comes to drinks, I am a coffee lover, and their coffee is great!! They have a good selection of specialty coffees, my favorite is the frappe, it's a European iced coffee essentially. It's not on the menu if I remember correctly but they are kind enough to make it for me. That's another thing I really like, they will make accommodations for their customers!

Last thing, you really can't go wrong with any of their cocktails, they have a huge selection, which is super nice in the summer time!

I hope this helps other people when choosing a restaurant!

• Visited October 2013

Kingston
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I've been a number of times. The food is amazing, it’s a great environment with friendly servers and they have some really great cocktails!

Ottawa, ON
“A Reasonable Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We chose this place largely on the strength of the reviews here, and because it was not too far from where we were staying. My wife and I both started with the greek salad, which was exactly what we expected, and very nice. We also had the same mains, the lamb chops. You can either order four lamb chops, or opt to replace two of the chops with four grilled shrimp - we chose the latter option. The lamb chops were thick, tasty, and cooked as we requested (rare). The shrimp were tasty, but rather messy to eat. The meal included rice, veggies (carrots and green/wax beans), and roast potatoes. The only real disappointment was the potatoes, which were rather soggy and probably had been sitting in a warming tray for some time. Portions were ample, so we had no room for dessert. We also each had a glass of Greek wine with our meal - my wife had the house red, which was okay but rather rough around the edges, and I had the Skouras red, which was smoother and very enjoyable. Service was fine (we had a trainee who was being shadowed by a veteran).

They didn't hit it out of the park, but this seems to be a decent restaurant that offers reasonable value.

• Visited October 2013
Waubaushene, ON
“very good dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were in Kingston while my fiance was attending some training. While there we met up with some local friends that recommended meeting for dinner here.

We were out a little for dinner so getting a table for the four of us, plus their 10 year old and our young baby was no trouble. They were not yet busy with the dinner rush.

We ordered the saganaki and our friends ordered the other option of flaming cheese (can not remember what it was called), and both were very good. Everyone enjoyed their soups and salads. My fiance did have to ask for her soup when it was not brought out with the others. The waitress was apologetic and quickly got it for her. Various waitresses brought out the soups and salads, so it was just an honest missed item. We ordered various dishes, which everyone enjoyed. I had the meal that comes with two pork chops, and I chose the baked potato as my potato side. The only downfalls were that I found the pork chops a little thin for what I was expecting (but they were cooked very nicely), and my baked potato as a large white potato not a russet potato. Minor, but when I order a baked potato I am looking forward to that classic baked russet potato skin. My fiance got the grape leaf meal and she enjoyed it. I had some of her left over grape leaves and they were vary good.

We were all very full by the end, as e had had apps and the meals were all quite large, so we did not order any dessert.

All in all it was a very good meal, just a few little minor things that kept it from getting a higher score. The food was all done well, and very enjoyable. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

Kingston, Canada
“Cyprus Meza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We shared a Greek specialty called Cyprus Meza and it was really good. This gives you a taste of all things Greek, from Salads to Moussaka and lets you try things that you would not normally try.

Food was really good and very generous, and prices were good. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.