“Warm & Welcoming”

Ranked #7 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Warm & Welcoming”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

What more could we ask for? We loved our stay at De Haan's!

Lettie and Denis are fun-loving and wonderful hosts. Their home is beautiful, super-clean, and just across from a beautiful park - a perfect place to take a walk along the water to watch Mallard ducks, Canadian geese and waves crashing along the shores. You can even go for a swim!

Lettie "loves to clean" and it shows in her immaculate home. Denis used to be a chef in Europe and whipped us up delicious omeletes in a split second.

Next time we stop by in Kingston, this is where we will stay. Why even bother with a hotel?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marty H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I'm not normally a customer of B&B's - I have had too many substandard experiences in the past. During my last trip to Kingston, my hotel experience was gruesome, so I decided to de Haan's. I am so glad I did! Lettie and Denis took wonderful care of me for my 3 night stay. Breakfasts were marvellous and always consisted of a fresh fruit salad, juice, and a muffin As my main course, I had a choice of pancakes, scrambled eggs or ham and cheese omelette. I'm sure if I stayed longer there would have been more breakfast options. Coffee was alway a treat - freshly brewed and wonderful.

Bedroom accommodations were top notch. I took the room with attached bathroom - easily worth the slightly higher charge than the rooms without attached bath. Lettie and Denis offered full use of the basement - TV and recreation room.

The B&B is conveniently close to Queen's University and downtown Kingston. It's just across the street from the lake, and beautiful walking paths along the lakeshore.

Lettie and Denis are no strangers to the hospitality business - let them take good care of you during your next visit to Kingston.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank diner987654321
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I booked for three nights and was not disappointed. Lettie and Dennis were very welcoming and accommodating hosts. They were very kind and took me to the bus station on the day I was travelling back to Toronto - which was much appreciated. Breakfast was excellent, freshly prepared and presented. If you like walking the Riddeau trail starts just yards from the front door or you could walk into town along the lake front both are well worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mel M
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed at De Haan's B&B for 2 weeks and it was 100% wonderful. It's their private home which is beautiful and the owners are very accommodating, helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. It was really clean, comfortable, peaceful, relaxing, warm, great bedrooms, bathrooms, in a good location and the food was excellent. There is room to park your car outside and the house is in a really lovely neighbourhood. We would definately stay again and we are recommending it to all our family and friends. A real gem of a place and looks far nicer than any other B&B i've seen in Kingston. Excellent value for money too.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are equally nice and big with good closet space and nice bathrooms. all have a/c to...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked this B&B at the last minute due to change of plans. The hosts (Lettie and Denis) were responsive and accommodating, which was really helpful in the circumstances. The house is large, clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. Breakfast was very tasty, and served at a beautifully set table. Price is also very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EKJ06
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2012

You can't do any better than this one in Kingston. Rooms, bothrooms, kitchen are clean and orderly, owners are friendly and there are variety of breakfast choices. It's quite and close to downtown businesses, attractions and the university. Don't think twice, just go and enjoy. You won't regret....

Room Tip: This is my second trip to this B&B. Rooms have TV and WiFi services. Bathrooms are shared in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Haldun S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

You're looking for a warm and "like-home" atmosphere? Let's go to De Hanna's! My sister and I were very welcomed by Lettie and Danis. We were surprised by their beautiful yard, neat and clean rooms with convenient washroom. Our hosts gave us lots of helpful recommendations about transit and restaurants. We were talking around while enjoying fabulous orange pancakes and lovely sun-rise eggs. Such a sharing experience when we had chances to chat with both our hosts and another guests in breakfast meals. "Everyone is so friendly and nice!" which was a thought that completed our picture about Kingston. If you love talking, sharing and laughing, you are not going to miss this place when you visit Kingston :). When you come there, help me send them a deeply "Thank you!" :) from first 2 Vietnamese guests of them :').

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family