“Amazing!”

Akira Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 443 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hands down the best sushi in Kingston! I have tried quite a few and never have I had anything comparable to Akira. The fish is always fresh, the rolls are always displayed beautifully, and the service is amazing. You never leave without a goodbye and thank you. I recommend this place to everyone I know!

1  Thank nichole r

Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I relied on other reviewers and went to this small Sushi place, and I am glad I did. It is a small place tucked in a little strip of shops. The food was great, price was reasonable and service was prompt.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We investigated this restaurant after reading some of the reviews here. We have been here twice and the food was consistently good,. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and well prepared, the miso soup was tasty and the wait staff treated us well. We received complimentary rice pudding as an appetizer, and complimentary melon at the end of the meal. If you want dessert, try the tempura ice cream - delish!

This place is not about atmosphere - it seems to be a family-run operation with lots of dedication to consistent service and quality.

1  Thank dondedieu
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have eaten at Akira a number of times but I won't be back. First of all, I despise the location. Looking out the window at the traffic on a busy boulevard?! The ambiance is not intimate and there is something funky with their ventilation. The food is very good although other restaurants bring a miso soup and small salad with a substantial sushi order and Akira does not!?! I also did not appreciate the non itemized bill!

4  Thank LBtravelandfood
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Never would have imagined such a great restaurant off the beaten path. I love this place! We ordered edame, california rolls, sashimi and red dragon roll. All very beautifully presented and fresh tasting. The dragon roll came shaped as a dragon. Too cute. Just like our server who was just a doll.