“Wow!”

Cuisines: Japanese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Seriously an amazing experience....food was incredibly fresh! Staff were so accommodating and grateful for my business. If you appreciate good sushi then I recommend this place for sure;)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sushilover4sur

Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hands down the best sushi in Kingston! I have tried quite a few and never have I had anything comparable to Akira. The fish is always fresh, the rolls are always displayed beautifully, and the service is amazing. You never leave without a goodbye and thank you. I recommend this place to everyone I know!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank nichole r
Houston, Texas
“A great sushi restaurant!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I relied on other reviewers and went to this small Sushi place, and I am glad I did. It is a small place tucked in a little strip of shops. The food was great, price was reasonable and service was prompt.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal
“Fresh sushi, very good quality”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We investigated this restaurant after reading some of the reviews here. We have been here twice and the food was consistently good,. The sushi and sashimi were fresh and well prepared, the miso soup was tasty and the wait staff treated us well. We received complimentary rice pudding as an appetizer, and complimentary melon at the end of the meal. If you want dessert, try the tempura ice cream - delish!

This place is not about atmosphere - it seems to be a family-run operation with lots of dedication to consistent service and quality.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dondedieu
Ontario, Canada
“won't be back”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have eaten at Akira a number of times but I won't be back. First of all, I despise the location. Looking out the window at the traffic on a busy boulevard?! The ambiance is not intimate and there is something funky with their ventilation. The food is very good although other restaurants bring a miso soup and small salad with a substantial sushi order and Akira does not!?! I also did not appreciate the non itemized bill!

• Visited October 2012