“Amazing.”

Akira Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm fairly knew to Kingston, and wouldn't have found this place if it wasn't for a friend of mine recommending it. I'm glad they did, because it quickly became one of my favourite places to eat in town.

Everything from the service to the food was amazing. The presentation is great and the portions are substantial. Taste wise, this is where Akria shines. It has some of the best sushi anywhere.

I eat at sushi restaurants regularly, both in a la carte places and AYCE. With Akira, it's hard to justify going to AYCE again. The quality here is much higher, and I come out stuffed paying the same amount of money.

I've been there several times since my first trip, and the quality has been consistently top notch. It's not in the most visible part of town, but don't let that make you miss this place.

1  Thank Rano D

Reviewed 9 January 2014

...this is my second review of Akira...my last I named "Won't be Back". They have a new menu & even though the location and atmosphere haven't changed, the food is INCREDIBLE.
My last review complained that no little starters were included with meals but now we enjoy 3!! A lovely salad, miso soup and a third small dish which seems to change as I have been back a few times since saying I wouldn't!
The owner of the building NEEDS to fix some issues though. It's been a cold winter and the front door doesn't shut properly!? It's cold inside (despite) a small portable heater you may or may not have placed beside your table. If the owners of the restaurant do not own the building then I say SHAME on the landlord (and once again, CONGRATULATIONS on the new menu and delightful food & good service)

1  Thank LBtravelandfood
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Akira is one of the best Japanese restaurants in Kingston. I have had lunch and dinner here several times and I've enjoyed every meal. Dinner in particular is a bit pricey, but once you taste the food you understand why. For lunch I really like their vegetarian bento. The staff are very friendly and the interior is nicely decorated.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

A nice restaurant in an unexpected location. We did not expect from the outside (one side industrial area other side suburb area) that this Japanese restaurant would be so spacious and immaculate inside. The lunch we had was delicious. As always the Japanese are the masters in presenting the dishes in a very tasteful and creative way. Everything is prepared with care. Pleasant and polite service. Highly recommended if you want to lunch light, healthy and nutrious.

1  Thank Aksiram
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Absolutely magnificent sushi and great service, just see the pictures!
Slightly pricey, but you are paying for the quality.