“lunchtime next to Maritime Museum”
Review of West Seventy6 Grill - CLOSED

West Seventy6 Grill
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West New York, New Jersey
“lunchtime next to Maritime Museum”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

During the day, the place might as well have been an upscale cafeteria, located in what is the Residence Inn. Problem: no free parking for guests unless you can get one of the six spots aways away from the hotel door.
Service very good. House wine okay (Shiraz) but pricey. Food was EXQUISITE and okay on price.
Hope they can keep the chef. They'll need it.
They bill themselves as a seafood restaurant.
No Afternoons there are two choices out of about 12, which we had and VERY good, beautifully presented and French quantity (Bubba?--don't eat here) but otherwise a regular menu.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pat J

Aurora, Canada
“Over promised- Under delivered.”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We saw this on tripadvisor and expected it to be a decent restaurant. It was a dissappointment. The tables and chairs in the dining area looked like something out of an Ikea catalogue. The soup and appetizers were over salted (and cold). I had the cod which was the best part of the meal. My wife had the pickerel which tasted fishy. Overall service was slow and the whole experience was a miss.

• Visited March 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

It was pouring rain the night we stayed at the Residence Inn in Kingston, so we opted to eat in the small restaurant off the lobby. What a delightful experience! The food was excellent, the presentation worthy of a food magazine picture, and the service both polished and friendly, We usually try different restaurants each night when we travel, but our experience here was so good that we went back a second night: it was great the second time around.

• Visited October 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“A perfect valentines day meal!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful evening at west 76. Beautiful beef tenderloin. Our server Amy was very friendly and attentive. This place is a well kept Kingston secret. But, surely not for long.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is worth the visit”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Tonight, I had a superb meal with my 81 year old mom and my sister. Service was courteous and timely, food was really, really yummy. Good portion sizes, beautiful presentation, and priced reasonably. The lamb and mushroom sauté got rave reviews from my sister, mom absolutely loved the butternut squash soup and the scallops in the special that I had were perfectly done.

I had lunch there last week and it was just as tasty with lots of options for $10.

If there is room for improvement, it's on the wine list.

If you are visiting downtown Kingston or live in the condo/apartments on Ontario Street, I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited December 2012