“very nice and affordable”
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Seven Oakes Motel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 21 September 2013

very clean, very comfortable, fresh smelling, good size room comfortable chair and couch. was late in season so pool was closed but looked nice. very friendly owners. overall stay was very good would recommend to anyone staying in that area.

Room Tip: have only stayed there once but the king size bed was very comfortable, i liked the old style one le...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jack m

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They didn't have a kettle in the room, but when asked, the staff was happy to heat up water for us, so we were able to have tea, etc. It's a family owned/operated motel with some great service and very warm/friendly atmosphere where they're willing to go out of their way to make you feel happy, you just have to ask.

They were very clean rooms. Even the area under the beds was spotless, which usually tends to be dusty at the very least, this was a pleasant surprise and indicates how clean everything else was. Things were old, yes, but the cleanliness is what makes all the difference.

The swimming pool area was great, and very unique. There's an area that's very shallow that has a slide as well, and it's great for kids. Separated from that area is a very deep part which is great for diving and adults to do some real swimming in. Our family took over the area and had a very memorable morning there. Add to this the little playground and my kids (4,2,1) had the time of their lives.

For the price that was paid, and the swimming facility/kids play area, the place was amazing. Value at this place is really quite something.

We had 4 rooms booked for 2 nights for a family trip and really all enjoyed our trip, including a memorable morning at the pool area.

There's free WiFi in this motel, and for the brief amount of time that I used it with my laptop I got a really good speed and strong connection, which was really nice to see considering that some high cost hotels charge you for internet and still don't have good speeds.

Rooms are dated, but well equipped with LCD, cable television, refrigerator, etc. The rooms are also extremely large. Following this trip I went to Quebec City where the room cost me double the rate but was actually smaller. There are two buildings for this motel, the one closer to the front (smaller numbers, I believe <30) are smaller rooms that cost less. The rooms further away (number 30+) are much larger and can accommodate larger families like my own. Adding Microwave/Kettle to the rooms would make this place an amazing value for our money.

Room Tip: Room 42 where I stayed had great wifi and was very large. Rooms on the southern side are larger, bu...
2  Thank miltonadvisor
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived. The proprietor said "I have a nice big room for your dog". Very pet friendly! The kids enjoyed the free Wi-Fi - it seemed to be extremely fast. The pool was clean and refreshing. Nice location - good for water visits and food options nearby. A great place to stay in Kingston.

2  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our very large family stayed for 2 nights. {dad,mom,and 8 kids} They were very friendly, rooms were very large and clean, the kids loved the pool. They accommedated every need. They welcomed my very large family were most shy away from us. Beds were comfortable, tv was great,wifi worked great. Awesome pricing for how many we had. We read reviews before booking and brought a kettle and small microwave. Can't wait to go again next year.

Room Tip: We brought our own microwave and kettle. But knew with the amount of kids we had we could not go wit...
2  Thank tanya m
Reviewed 9 August 2013

How can you see so many perfect reviews for this motel ???? It is just old, it smelled, the bathroom is terrible.... Carpets are there since at least 30 years and smell dust as you can't simply imagine. Hopefully linens were clean. My kids loved the pool. Me nothing

2  Thank Greg V
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We wanted a place for one night to sleep and then move on. We were not looking for anything fancy, but we surely did not expect what we got. This place needs an update. For those who are saying it was great…..I am not sure I understand what you are writing about. Unless there are some grand rooms hidden somewhere, we did not see that. The place is very simple and outdated. The rooms are back from road so you can’t hear car traffic, I will give you that. The door didn't have a great lock on it. The carpet is old and dirty. The bed sheets were old but clean(thank goodness) but that is the only positive thing I can say. The towels are old and rough. We stayed one night, two adults and two kids. My kids were the fist ones who said never again, they wanted to leave. The room smelled. It was not cheap either, I made a big mistake. Although the women at the front desk was pleasant enough, there is a language barrier. When I was checking out the next day, she was telling me how much cheaper it would be if I booked that night instead. We only booked because of all the positive reviews and we were so very disappointed. Please take the time and go beyond reading the first review so you read them all so you wont be disappointed as we were.
Wont be back! Not for us!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hazeliz22
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed August 2nd 2013 We were 2 couples on Motorcycles and we took a room with 2 Queen-size beds.
For the price it was perfectly acceptable! It was clean, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom had been renovated. It had a decent flat screen TV, a hide-a bed, 2 tables & chairs a fridge. No blow dryer or coffee maker if you need that. There is a Tim Horton's a short walk away
The pool looked inviting but it was just too cool the day we stayed.
I would definitely recommend this Motel to people who just need a place to sleep and don't need luxury for big bucks

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple