“Soundproof rooms and excellent customer service”
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Seven Oakes Motel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my parents, we booked two separate rooms next door to each other. the rooms are very clean and set up nice, with a flat screen tv that has loads of channels - (my parents being in their 70's had the tv very loud, when I left their room and went next door into my room, it was silent; The rooms and so well insulated you can not hear next door at all.) The bed is amazingly comfy - I've stayed at the Sheraton and the Seven Oakes motel has better comfy beds.
The owners are very welcoming and helpful, I was in Kingston for an appointment and needed some documents hole punched and a taxi in the morning the owners gladly did that for me.
Right next door to the motel is a supermarket, which is great if you need some snacks and fresh fruit at good prices, also their is a under-counter fridge in the room to use.
The heating and cooling temp is controlled by each room and there was always instant hot water.
The location is great if you are taking the Via rail train or driving and the taxi prices in Kingston are very good too and I also like that you can order take out to your room.
I will definitely be staying again when visiting Kingston.

Room Tip: for me and my parents who enjoy smoking, they offer a few smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dig22

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son, daughter in law and myself rented two rooms, side by side at The 7 Oakes. Susie was and her husband are very gracious hosts and could not do enough for us. The rooms are VERY clean and the mattresses thick and luxurious. I climbed into bed and the sheets smelled freshly laundered, it was like crawling into my own bed at home. SHOPPING.. wow, I had forgotten my jacket at home and, lo and behold, there was a large wonderful shopping mall, within walking distance on a nice day, but it was dark and we were tired, so we drove. Plenty of shopping and dining places and a nearby Tim Hortons. With all of the things to do, the wonderful people to talk to, who could ask for anything more??? SEE YOU AGAIN SUSIE,,,,,,,,,,it was great meeting you. Your Friends from Windsor :)

Room Tip: This motel is VERY EASY to find from HWY 401. Call and talk to Susie, you will be treated like roya...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank PerkyPerky43
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stay here every time we book a room in Kingston. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely friendly! We highly recommend this to everyone!! We will always choose this hotel in Kingston!! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy V
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed for one night at this motel with my dog. I would normally not have stayed at such a place but it was cheap and it had good reviews. Well, maybe some of the other rooms are great, that is the ones where dogs aren't permitted, but mine was devoid of charm, not very well lit, somewhat dingy and the television didn't work properly. The woman who checked me in was very charming and certainly made me feel better about the place. Nonetheless, I doubt that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Magnolia1385
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had a really great stay here on our way to Ottawa. The room was spacious and clean, and the lady that checked us in and out was very friendly. She even lent us a basketball so we could play on their basketball court. Pool looked nice -- we didn't have a chance to use it. Room was quiet at night too! We would highly recommend staying here!! Very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dogbone1002000
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The motel is closed to bus stop and well placed on princess street. We spent 4 nights at the Seven Oakes and the room was very clean. The staff was very friendly, as newcomers, when we needed something, they have always been here to help us.
A motel to recommand!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Christophe D
Reviewed 4 November 2013

What the room lacked, the customer service made up for it.
For as long as we were in the room collectively, it was ideal and cost efficient.
The room could handle a little updating. Thermostat was scary, but it worked. Windows and doors looked to be from the 70's and can't be very energy efficient for them, but I don't pay the bills so who cares. I was a bit concerned the window closest to the bathroom did not lock. What appeared to be a brand new tub surround isn't going to last very long. While using the shower I noticed the tub had a bit of a decline while stepping into the stream of water. Great pressure, but the floor must be rotting underneath as it was very spongy. The light fixture above the toilet was missing the cover but the cobwebs surrounding the bulb was a great alternative. If you love your coffee first thing in the morning, please be advised you must bring your own coffee maker, coffee and condiments. Otherwise, Tim Hortons is five minutes down the street. No microwave, but a great little bar fridge. Make sure your cell phones are well charged during the night and set your alarm if you have to get up the next morning, there wasn't a clock in the room. Walls are thin. Go about your business quietly if you have to. Our neighbour was very active during the evenings.
The lady and gentleman at the office are so sweet and super accommodating. Please treat them well. We will only go back because of their customer service and their attention to our needs and genuine concern about our stay. They are happy, friendly people providing a service and working their butts off. It is apparent they do take pride in their ownership. The room overall is very, very clean. There were just a couple of things that made us giggle. If you want the Taj Mahal, go stay somewhere else. Here you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business