“Not a place i would stay again”
Review of Seven Oakes Motel

Seven Oakes Motel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
“Not a place i would stay again”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well i would NOT recommend this place again I have posted pictures of the condtion we found in our room.We checked into room when there we turned air conditioner on n left for 8.5 hours,when we came back we couldnt get over the MUSTY smell in room.Then I went to crawl into bed at 2 am n found a bunch of black hair all over pillow thats a big turn off there so i went back outside till almost 4am then went into room switched pillows n crashed till 6:30 am i had to get some sleep had to drive an hour away.My sister was in other room n she couldnt sleep cause of musty smell she has allergies n her eyes were swelled rite up.So i spoke with Susie n told her i was not impressed with room told her what was goin on n i wanted half my money returned n she said no money returned caused we stayed in room like really 2 hours sleep. I would not RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OR STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank maggie6524

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leitrim
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my parents, we booked two separate rooms next door to each other. the rooms are very clean and set up nice, with a flat screen tv that has loads of channels - (my parents being in their 70's had the tv very loud, when I left their room and went next door into my room, it was silent; The rooms and so well insulated you can not hear next door at all.) The bed is amazingly comfy - I've stayed at the Sheraton and the Seven Oakes motel has better comfy beds.
The owners are very welcoming and helpful, I was in Kingston for an appointment and needed some documents hole punched and a taxi in the morning the owners gladly did that for me.
Right next door to the motel is a supermarket, which is great if you need some snacks and fresh fruit at good prices, also their is a under-counter fridge in the room to use.
The heating and cooling temp is controlled by each room and there was always instant hot water.
The location is great if you are taking the Via rail train or driving and the taxi prices in Kingston are very good too and I also like that you can order take out to your room.
I will definitely be staying again when visiting Kingston.

Room Tip: for me and my parents who enjoy smoking, they offer a few smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dig22
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son, daughter in law and myself rented two rooms, side by side at The 7 Oakes. Susie was and her husband are very gracious hosts and could not do enough for us. The rooms are VERY clean and the mattresses thick and luxurious. I climbed into bed and the sheets smelled freshly laundered, it was like crawling into my own bed at home. SHOPPING.. wow, I had forgotten my jacket at home and, lo and behold, there was a large wonderful shopping mall, within walking distance on a nice day, but it was dark and we were tired, so we drove. Plenty of shopping and dining places and a nearby Tim Hortons. With all of the things to do, the wonderful people to talk to, who could ask for anything more??? SEE YOU AGAIN SUSIE,,,,,,,,,,it was great meeting you. Your Friends from Windsor :)

Room Tip: This motel is VERY EASY to find from HWY 401. Call and talk to Susie, you will be treated like roya...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank PerkyPerky43
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stay here every time we book a room in Kingston. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely friendly! We highly recommend this to everyone!! We will always choose this hotel in Kingston!! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy V
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed for one night at this motel with my dog. I would normally not have stayed at such a place but it was cheap and it had good reviews. Well, maybe some of the other rooms are great, that is the ones where dogs aren't permitted, but mine was devoid of charm, not very well lit, somewhat dingy and the television didn't work properly. The woman who checked me in was very charming and certainly made me feel better about the place. Nonetheless, I doubt that I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Magnolia1385

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had a really great stay here on our way to Ottawa. The room was spacious and clean, and the lady that checked us in and out was very friendly. She even lent us a basketball so we could play on their basketball court. Pool looked nice -- we didn't have a chance to use it. Room was quiet at night too! We would highly recommend staying here!! Very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dogbone1002000
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The motel is closed to bus stop and well placed on princess street. We spent 4 nights at the Seven Oakes and the room was very clean. The staff was very friendly, as newcomers, when we needed something, they have always been here to help us.
A motel to recommand!