“Great Place”

Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Brockville, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed at this place and had a wonderful time. We found the place to be reasonably priced and the staff were friendly. The hotel is close to restaurants. The hotel had ample parking spaces. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerFrontOffice, Front Office Manager at Thriftlodge Kingston, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
We would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Gananoque, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Spent one night at the Peachtree Inn. For a budget friendly hotel I was extremely impressed. The rooms were large , clean , and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was great, friendly, and very attentive. Absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay and will definetly be back next time we are in Kingston.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tina G
ManagerFrontOffice, Front Office Manager at Thriftlodge Kingston, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Peachtree Inn, we value your comments and are happy to hear we went above and meet more then your expectations. We look forward to having your back at the Peachtree Inn!!
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This was my first stay at the Peachtree Inn and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very clean. The rooms are a really nice size and very comfortable. The staff (Dan) was very accommodating - Awesome! If I had to make one suggestion for improvement, I would suggest replacing the heating/cooling units for something the runs a bit quieter and have an option to turn the fan off in the bathrooms - it runs extremely loud. Other than that I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen F
Thank you for taking the time to review the Peachtree Inn, we value you comments and will be sure to let Dan know what was said of him. Your comments on the heater and fan are taken seriously and will be passed on to the appropriate department and looked into.
Cantley (Quebec)
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My cousin and I were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay. I was a bit afraid of what we were getting into because it was cheaper than the others. Went there from nov 9 to nov 11. At my surprise, It was very clean and the beds are very comfortable...we even slept untill 10am...which we NEVER do!! We had a mini fridge in the room which is always good to have and the hotel is close to everything. We would go back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank smainville3
We Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Peachtree Inn and look forward to having you return !
New Hamburg, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to lay our head while in Kingston and we found the Peachtree had a very reasonable rate... and I did a little research and found that it should suit our needs just fine. It is a no frills, nothing extra, motel-like Inn. It does, however, have a continental breakfast that my partner and his son enjoyed both mornings. It was clean enough and the staff were pleasant during our 2 night stay. I would say if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay with just the basics and don't mind it being a little rough around the edges due to being older then this could be your place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
ManagerFrontOffice, Manager at Thriftlodge Kingston, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
We would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property.
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The Peachtree INN is very clean and caters to all my needs. It is centrally located with easy access to all major roads in Kingston. The location is very close to the downtown area and all the various excellent restaurants and shopping. The staff is great, frendly and professional. Make sure you check out and check into The Peachtree INN Kingston.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Stephen121691
ManagerFrontOffice, Front Office Manager at Thriftlodge Kingston, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I have probably stayed at this hotel twenty times over the years, and every time I check out, I tell myself I'm not coming back. But I come back, because it's very handy to my destination and because the rates are low. And, well, there's nothing absolutely terrible about it. It's just bleak and cheap and lacking in little comforts.

I know the management can't easily do anything about the steps up to the front door from the parking lot, or the awkwardly spaced pillars in the covered garage that leads into a shabby hallway to the elevator. But so many of the other failures could be different without pushing up the cost, especially if the improvements resulted in a little boost in what's generally a very, very low occupancy. There could be bathroom fans that don't sound like jet aircraft revving up. There could be a banana or an apple with breakfast, even if meat and eggs are out of the question. There could be lamps on both sides of the bed (and somewhere in the room there could be a light bright enough to read by). There could be an extra outlet or a power bar so it's possible to have the coffee-maker and a computer plugged in at the same time. There could be a comforter on the bed that looks like a soft comforter. Maybe there could even be higher bandwidth for the wifi.

And surely something could be done to send a jolt of adrenalin through the people and systems responsible for registration. I'm not sure I have ever gone through a stay at the Peachtree without some small problem in that department, from reservation software that didn't work to arbitrary changes in the loyalty card program.

Most of all, when people send comments to the management -- especially in response to an e-mail survey that asks for comments -- the management could consider responding.

So: it's mediocre. And yet I know I'll be back. It's nearby, it's cheap, and I have to stress that it's clean (except for the heating and cooling unit in the room I occupied this visit, ecch) and the hot water is hot. Maybe the Peachtree has an inferiority complex because the Best Western is right next door?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank halifaxborn
ManagerFrontOffice, Front Office Manager at Thriftlodge Kingston, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
We Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property and we are taking your comments to heart and are always working on improvement.