“Excellent ice cream quite authentic!”
Review of Mio Gelato

Mio Gelato
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Kingston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Whenever available, we use local fruit to give our specialty sorbettos the wonderful depth of flavour that you have grown to love. You've got it; we are all about local! So... what's the difference? A quick tutorial: Gelato is milk based, so less butterfat than ice cream. It also has less air, which makes the flavour really pop! Sorbetto is water based, so packed with taste, also great for those who want to go dairy free. Ice cream has cream in it to give it that rich, velvety flavour. Our popular frozen yogurt is the best tasting around because the two main ingredients are milk and yogurt. Now you know!
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Loved the ice cream the pistachio was heavenly and the bacon was exquisite I would go back there in a New York minute! Loved it and I have had gelato in Italy all over Italy south and north so I have to say I was quite skeptic but was truly not disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Mio Gelato

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Okay this is a must to visit on a hot summer day. The variety is huge and the freshness and taste of these gelatos is amazing

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The best pistachio gelato I've had in North America, comprable quality to Europe. Fresh and creamy, eclectic flavors.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Amazing selection of flavours. I had grapefruit and mojito and both were delicious and refreshing. A bit expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was new to us this summer (2013) so we decided to give this a try rather than White Mountain just down the street for a cool treat. The select of flavors was outstanding and the taste was fantastic. We are used to gelato when we are in Mexico and really enjoy them. I think what we had here was even better.