“Favourites”

Ranked #76 of 444 Restaurants in Kingston
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had a sandwich recently and the meat was frozen, the desserts on the table need to be covered. A bit of a health concern. I go regularly, it is funny the owner I think goes around giving desserts to all sorts of customers! I find this a bit of favouritism. I think they should travel around with a sample tray, rather than this offensive practise. Does not promote fairness to all customers. Now in general the food has been top quality, pleasant atmosphere, good prices. The $9.99 special that includes drink, main course and dessert substantial. Little for the vegetarian, to chose from, which would be a good addition to menu! Suggest going slightly after one as very busy and crowded at lunch, if in a hurry. Great free wifi!

1  Thank MASH16

Reviewed 14 December 2012

this used to be my go to place for every occasion but since new owners have took over baking has gone way downhill and prices have went way uphill!

3  Thank 154992Food1234
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Fardella's Bakery and Internet Cafe certainly deserves five stars. Since other reviewers have mentioned the terrific food, I will focus on other aspects of this gem in Kingston's west end. The atmosphere is inviting and homey. The cafe is beautifully decorated with Tiffany lamps, a grandfather clock, a sitting area for four and two TVs. Customers can help themselves to drinks and desserts and the main course is delivered to the table by the chef. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. It is obvious that they enjoy their work! Also, it is such an affordable place to go any time of the day or night that it is tempting to make it a second home. If you decide to try it out, you won't regret it!

2  Thank MGG123
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I was invited to this place for lunch and have to say I was a little leery. Not being a lover of desserts I wasn't sure what kind of lunch experience a bakery would be.
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, and highly recommend this place. Lunch choices included items such as lasagna, smoked meat sandwiches, wraps, and I had the pork schnitzel on a bun. (very fresh bun, by the way)
the $9.99 lunch selections included coffee, soft drink, or water, and also your choice of french fries, home fries, or coleslaw and dessert.
Nobody in our party of 4 could finish their meal due to the quantity of food, so we all took doggy bags home.
The selections of desserts is mind boggling.

Not a fancy place, but clean and the staff a very friendly helpful.
Can't be beat for value and food quality.

1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

These bakery is a little jem. I cant seem to get past the fritters in the baked goods, and the real food is delish! The service is friendly and open late for those with that random sweet tooth!

1  Thank Heidi C