“Incredible food, big portions, great price! BEST FALAFELS”
Review of Ali Baba Kabab

Ali Baba Kabab
Ranked #48 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Persian
Kingston, Canada
“Incredible food, big portions, great price! BEST FALAFELS”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We visited this place based on great online reviews. We are vegetarians and have had our fair share of over fried, tasteless falafels. Not here! We both got the vegetarian plates which was more than enough food, comes with rice, turnips, pickles, hummus, garlic dip, and 6 falafels with sesame sauce. Let me tell you, these falafels were perfect. Fresh, perfectly fried, moist in the middle, crispy on the outside. Fantastic. I told the cook in person how much we loved them, they were that good. We will definitely be back. Quick, friendly service, cozy ambiance, and great tasting complimentary tea. And cheap!!

• Visited May 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Very enjoyable Persian fast food”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

First the food. It is really just kebabs but they are good. They come with a salad, a broiled tomato in keeping with Persian custom and I really like the ground beef kebabs although they were a little bland. The chicken kebab was nicely but not strongly seasoned too. The rice was tasty and the portions were large. The young woman who served us was very attentive and understood our requirement to spend only an hour in the restaurant and made sure that our requirements were met. I will definitely go back when I can spend a bit more time.

• Visited February 2014
Kingston,Ontario
“great middle east cuisine”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice little spot in downtown Kingston. For our first time eating this type of food the owner came over and made some excellent recommendations which turned out to be very good. I’ll be back for sure.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank David B
Kingston, Canada
“Finally!! Kingston has a good mid-east reataurant”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Fed up with mid east fast food that leaves you gassy and bloated? So was I. Then I had a couple of meals at Ali Baba and was so very pleased with everything.
Buttery Persian rice is hard to make well. So is good lentil soup. But Ali Baba makes it authentically tasty. Chicken and vegetable stews are offered as well as the obligatory kebabs. Excellent tabbolleh (but a bit salty). Shawarma chicken plate was great!
But a good kebab is a thing of beauty when not overcooked and dry. Nicely marinated halal lamb or chicken. Man, this meal was clean and tasty. I'll go back again (and again). Not expensive.

• Visited December 2013
Kingston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll be eating here again”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had the chicken shawarma plate. It was good. The servers seemed nice, and it I think it is family run.