“A pleasant outing”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“A pleasant outing”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My family decided to try this place while we were in town. The food was great. I had the green curry chicken, it was tender, creamy and delicious. The rest of my fam enjoyed as well.

Two complaints: The service was slow. We were given our menus and it was 15 minutes before the waitress took our drink order and it wasn't busy. However, after we ordered our food it was out within 15 minutes.
There was a big chip in the lip of my bowl. It didn't affect the food but it did make me wonder about their standards.

Overall a decent spot. We will return when we are in Kingston again.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A definite favourite in the Kingston area”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This restaurant is an excellent new addition to Kingston. Everything on their menu is delicious. Everyone I know who has been to Thai House Cuisine has been very impressed and given it rave reviews.

• Visited September 2013
Montreal
“Spot on”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We made a last minute detour off the highway for a Sunday night dinner and chose this restaurant based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. The food was delicious, the decor tasteful and the service efficient. We were a bit rushed because we were traveling so were happy to be served quickly. We had the spring rolls which were perfect. The soups were spiced just right (even for the kids), and were not greasy or too sweet, like many other thai restaurants serve. I had the green veggie curry which was absolutely delicious and my husband and the kids shared a beef dish. Rice was included. Recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Canada
“Enjoyable--except for the music!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

In terms of the food, this restaurant is a very pleasant surprise. Other reviewers claim this is the best Thai restaurant in Kingston, and they may be right. I enjoyed the green curry with shrimps; my companion had red curry with chicken. Both were excellent; very flavourful; highly (but not overwhelmingly) spicy; with very fresh vegetables, a reasonable amount of rice, and copious amounts of shrimp (in the one case) and chicken (in the other). The prices are very reasonable. If you like to drink, the alcohol menu is very limited. We enjoyed a pleasant white wine, Blanc de Blancs, but there are also several types of beer.

The service is friendly and helpful, but somewhat more tentative than I would like. When we arrived, very hungry, we were given the menus and left alone for much longer than we needed to make our choice. However, once the drinks arrived, we were also given some shrimp chips which, despite their similarity to pink Styrofoam, were quite pleasant.

The restaurant is a peaceful place, so if you like lots of noise, crowding, loud music, and hustle-bustle, this isn't the place for you. We love the serenity--but were disappointed by one thing. ONE song played in the background for our entire meal (about an hour and a half). Don't know what the song was, but it had a kind of elevator-music, new-agey quality to it. Hearing it once was fine, twice was tolerable, but over and over and over again for the entire visit was too much. No one else seemed bothered by it. But if this doesn't change, I will think twice about going back.

• Visited August 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Authentic thai food, very tasty.
My Girlfriend had the Pineapple rice and it came inside a huge pineapple (picture attached), I had the Pad Thai, and we had the Chicken Satai for apps. All 3 were very tasty, very nicely presented, and the service was very good with fair prices.

Warmly recommended.

There are a few tables in small niches right next to the street window, both private and nice view of the street, for a more romantic dinner.

• Visited August 2013