“Breakfast was Superb!”
Review of Frontenac Club Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
Frontenac Club Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Each year I stay at a different Kingston B&B. However, after coming across Trip Advisor I decided to give the Frontenac Club a try and I'm thrilled by my choice!

I stayed in the Sandburg Suite - a true gem. Larger than my apartment even! As for the amenities - all was wonderful. The lobby/lounge was comfortable and elegant, and staff helpful.

My breakfast was enthusiastically served by the owner and it was delicious. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Frontenac Club Inn

Reviewed 12 October 2007

I find that the word "charming" is used far too often when describing a hotel or inn. This is a property that personifies what "charming" truly is. We were in town for a wedding, and found the town to be nice if not overly impressive. We tend to stay in hotels and rarely in B&B's, but I'd be hard-pressed to believe it if anyone tried to convince me that this isn't the nicest place to stay in Kingston. The exterior of the building is somewhat nondescript, but the interior is beautiful, from the common rooms to the suite we were staying in. We stayed in the Sandburg Suite, Room 4. The suite was spacious and lovely. The design features were gorgeous, from the high ceilings to the wood floors in the bathroom to the moldings to the window shutters. The jacuzzi tub was a nice plus.

Service was excellent. Breakfast was good. The rear gardens were nice. The location is good, still close to the main downtown area, yet not right in the middle of it.

This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ParisDreamin'
Reviewed 9 October 2007

My girlfriend and I spent a romantic evening at the Frontenac Club Inn over Thanksgiving. The building itself has some wonderful history as an old bank (including authentic walk-in safe), and is elegantly decorated with a comfortable common area and large patio in back. Our room was one of the smaller ones, but had all the amenities including fireplace, Internet access and full bathroom. The photos on their website did not do it justice.
The Inn's hostess was friendly and helpful in recommending dinner downtown, just a block away. Kingston itself has a lot of interesting Canadian history and sites to see, plus is close to Prince Edward County where we finished off our trip with a short wine tour.
Highly recommended, will be back in the future to try another room.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Guelphtrips
Reviewed 30 August 2007

We have stayed at Frontenac Club Inn at least three times since they opened. Our experiences are always positive. We rave about this place to everyone we know.

Centrally located, the Frontenac Club Inn is a great romantic destination, with marvelous owners, beautiful building/common areas, and remarkably comfortable rooms. We've chosen different rooms/suites each time, and they've all been spectacular.

Breakfast (included in your stay) is fantastic, with many little touches to make it gourmet. And we've asked for and received herbal teas at night, without any hesitation or charges to our final bill.

Any issues we've ever had - things caused by ourselves or just run of the mill hotel stuff - have been resolved quickly and politely.

Unfortunately, now that people know about how great the inn is, we can never get a room! Glad they've expanded recently, but I'll have to try booking earlier and earlier from now on.

Susan and Beare, the owners, have done so well to make this inn a great place. The other hotels in Kingston could learn from their success.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McMarshal
Reviewed 27 July 2007

WOW!! This place is absolutely beautiful. From the moment you walk into the lobby you know you're staying somewhere special. The decor is tasteful and very in keeping with the building. We stayed in the Stone Room and it was amazing. The size of the room is very big and the bed was so comfortable. However, the best thing about this room was the size of the walk in shower - I've stayed in places where the bathroom is the size of this shower. It was the best shower I've have in my life! I had wanted the garden room but it was already booked - it sounded even better than our room. Another huge plus was the breakfast, it was YUMMY. I've never had a 3 course breakfast before and each bit was delicious.
It is in a great spot in Kingston and in walking distance to all the great restaurants and bars. I'd definitely recommend the Toucan - it had a live band on a monday night and was very busy. I would recommend that if you stay in Kingston that you take a day trip to Wolfe Island which is a free ferry ride. It is a great place to cycle, swim in the lake or canoe.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellaweeze
Reviewed 16 June 2007

We arrived in Kingston with nowhere to stay and not wanting to check in to a dull faceless corporate hotel, we stumbled upon this little oasis. Being budget travellers were unsure if we could afford to stay in such a spectacular building but from speaking to the wonderful owners not only did we get a free upgrade to a suite you could not have asked for a more incredible place to stay.

The owners were the nicest people, having spent a lot of time and effort building the old bank/ working men's club in to it's former glory. The rooms are like being back in time, but obviously with all modern luxuries!

You really HAVE to stay here if you go to Kingston, great location, great rooms, great owners and a fab breakfast the next day. It really couldn't be more perfect!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bbcreations
Reviewed 22 March 2007

My husband and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's and inns, and this is as good as it gets. We are both Queen's graduates so we know Kingston well and visit often. I can't tell you what a great addition to K-Town the Frontenac Club Inn is. First, the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. My favorite is the Garden Room on the first floor - the bath tub is heaven and the decor is just amazing. Second, the service is wonderful. Susan and Bear are a delight. Susan is gregarious, Bear quite reserved, but both are very kind and will do everything they can to ensure a good stay. I once stayed at the inn for business and was famished during an afternoon meeting - they whipped me up a snack of fresh homemade bread, jam, and fruit like I was their daughter! Third, the breakfast is amazing. We had cranberry waffles last time that were to die for. And chatting with Susan while she fills our coffee cups is always so fun - she remembers me every time. Love this place - you will too!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank enroute123