“Perfect Stay!”
Review of Frontenac Club Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston
Frontenac Club Inn
Ranked #2 of 22 Kingston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is the best place to stay in Kingston, hands down. The location is a stones throw to Lake Ontario, coffee, restaurants, farmers market, etc. We were in town for Queens Graduation. We were booked in the Miller Room, which is decorated to reflect more of the original character of the building. Beautiful windows, fireplace, quaint and spacious. We even had our own private balcony off the main bedroom! The breakfast was top quality, delicious and very relaxing as we viewed the gardens from our table through the floor to ceiling windows. There are three separate dining area's which was lovely and bright. Tess, our server, was attentive and engaged.
There is a large, welcoming main room with games and books as well as a separate area where you can help yourself to tea and coffee. There is also another area where they provide microwave and fridge for guests. Free parking and high speed wifi as well. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rivergirl1

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The location, the rooms, the garden, the breakfast, free parking, historic building, great staff... I'm sure that i am forgetting something. I am not one for big chain hotels qhen I can get a "home away from home" and that is exactly what the Frontenac Club Inn provides. I may be winding down my career, which includes much travel to Kingston. Apart from the trauma that forced retirement may bring is the fact that I will lose the opportunity of staying at this fine establishment. It is a must stay when in Kingston.

Room Tip: Rooms 4, 15, 16 and 17 are my favourite. Particularly 4 and 17.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RoadWeary2011
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here a couple of nights while visiting Queen's and RMC. The room was fantastic and way more than what I needed. The books were a nice touch. It made me feel as if I should book a few extra nights and hide away with a bottle of wine or three and read. The breakfast was excellent and the staff top notch.

3  Thank HFTravels
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great location, parking available, breakfast nice, rooms larger than most hotels (tip - they aren't all the same size) and common room very comforting. Never knew about this place despite going to Queen's and living within an hour of Kingston. Definitely a place I would go back to next time I stay in Kingston. Lots of character. Building was original Bank of Montreal location in Kingston with high ceilings and signs of old vault are still there.

Room Tip: Suites are very large. All rooms except one require guests to climb stairs (but well worth the clim...
2  Thank gumpster_007
Reviewed 16 November 2013

They are so welcoming and friendly and want to accommodate your preferences. The breakfast was incredible. The rooms were very classic, and my room was a nice roomy size. I have a great experience and it felt like you went back in time. Be sure to use the common room, and have tea and popcorn while you play some Chinese checkers. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for a girls getaway weekend, and what a good surprise.
Spacious room, very clean, nice location.
Breakfast was amazing - a set menu, but multiple "courses" served, you can easily find something for everyone.
The manager was very welcoming, and everyone in the lounge in the afternoon was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We loved this inn!! Much nicer than I expected. We were a group of 5 adults, a 40ish couple, a 60ish couple and a single man. All of us thought it great value. We had 3 rooms and they were all wonderful. 2 were suites, both had a fireplace and enough space to visit with family, sound proofed enough not to bother other gyests. Lovely old windows that opened and a great mix of old and new. Wifi worked great the entire time.
We loved the common rooms and several times over the weekend used them for cocktail hour. The inn suppiied the glasses and ice and gave us a spot to chill wine. We even used the piano a tiny bit. The entire place was spotlessly clean and comfortable. No weird smells or lack of what you need to have fun. Tonnes of included parking.
The breakfast were 3 courses of healthy, fresh, inventive food. The cook even stayed late on holiday monday to serve us food. I liked all the staff; casual and fun. Joe and Arron I think were great with local info. The inn has an idea location close to the lake and city centre. No need to drive or worry about expensive cabs if you need one.
Only draw back is no fridge in the rooms. And the front door locks so it is annoying to come and go. Lots of stairs and no bell-hop if that annoys you. I liked it. I liked all of it very much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends