“Excellent - Close to CFB Kingston, Clean, Nice Room!”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here in June of 2012. I had a difficult time finding a room due to the rugby game and cyclist event being held the same weekend. I was a bit skeptical, but the Trip Advisor reviews were all quite high, so I ended up booking here. I was overall very pleased with the room.

I stayed in an Executive Suite with my 2 year old daugther. We arrived in Kingston very early (shortly after 11) and the owner went out of his way to accommmodate my early check-in. He immediately had a room cleaned and I was able to check in around noon. In the mean time, he allowed to use the staff washroom and wait in the office.

After check-in, I was trying to make my way upstairs to my room (216) and was struggling a bit with my daughter, playpen and a few other things. The two housekeepers offered me assistance and helped me get to my room in one trip.

The room itself was large and spacious. It was nice to have a sitting area with a TV so that I could put my daughter to bed and stay up for a bit myself. The room was exceptionally clean, furniture seemed to be new and the room itself was well maintained. The air conditioner worked well.

The motel is close to CFB Kingston and not too far off the highway.

Overall, an excellent alternative to a chain or franchise. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathleen D
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Kingston

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I have been making our way to Kingston from Ottawa now for over 25 years. We used to stay in one of the big box chain hotels right downtown, but had ongoing problems with them. Then one day on our way into town, we noticed the Executive Inn and decided to try it. We have never been so glad we did!!! We never stay anywhere else in Kingston...although it is not right downtown and we end up having to pay for parking in Kingston, it is still worth it! They are so close to downtown and the price, accommodations and especially the staff, never fail to make us feel at home when we arrive. We have never been disappointed like we have at much pricier hotels and the rooms upstairs (which I would highly recommend!) are fantastic: a small microwave, frig, sink, etc., off a little living room with one large color TV, which can be totally separated from the large separate bedroom, which also has a large color TV in it. Oh, and the little living room also has a pullout couch for extra guests! If you stay anywhere else in Kingston, you'd be losing out on this gem of a place.

Room Tip: See my above comments about the upstairs rooms in the main section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BonEva_12
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We were very surpised about this motel. It has very big and clean rooms. The washroom is clean and big as well. There is a microwave and a ironing.station and a coffeemachine, a big TV and free WIFI. The beds are huge!! Free parking directly in front of the room is just great.The staff is very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast in the morning with cereal, toast, muffins and bagles, coffee, milk and tea and everything to a fair price......what more do you want??? We want to come again!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie D
Reviewed 7 August 2011

A last minute trip to Kingston on a busy weekend meant most reasonably priced hotels were booked. The reviews for the Executive Inn were good, so we risked it, and we are glad we did. Newly renovated, excellent family service, and extremely quiet. All this at a fantastic price! Our new favorite place to stay in Kingston.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BobbyT66
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I came with my girlfriend to Kingston to see the 1000 Islands and stayed at The Executive. It's a family owned business that is a little outside of the main city and right next to CFB Kingston (the military base).

I will comment on the location based on categories.

LOCATION:
This place is amazing! Having lived in Toronto for the longest time, around traffic and noice, this place was peaceful and quiet yet not far from the main city. There is a lot of green surrounding the property, lots of space for parking and great landscaping. The motel is close to Fort Henry, CFB Kingston, 1000 Island Cruises, and downtown Kingston.

PRICE/VALUE/ROOM
We stayed in the first weekend of June and the price was reasonable compared to the other major hotels in Kingston's downtown. What you were paying was for everything and no other extra costs (internet, parking, etc). The room was a lot bigger than we expected. We have had bad experiences with independant hotels so we had asked to see the room first. It was WAY better than expected. The room was very clean, carpet and furniture looked new and it even had a microwave, coffee maker and fridge.

STAFF
When asking the staff to see the room before we booked it, they were very pleasant and polite about it. They were nice enough to even ask us if we were CAA members for an additional discount (otherwise would have forgotten to mention). Very polite staff who was also very talkative; gave the experience a personal touch. The staff was also very knowledgable about the city. They provided us with all the information about the 1000 Island Cruises, which ones to go to and also about which restaurants were worth checking out.

AMMENETIES
The hotel did have FREE high speed internet, both wifi and a port (plug in) and free parking. That was refreshing. For June and an independent motel, there was also free breakfast. Firstly, we didn't even expect it to have one and we were quite content with what they provided (coffee, tea, juice, muffins, english muffins, bagles, toast).

All in all, my girlfriend and I had a great trip in Kingston and loved this hotel. We would definitely recommend our family and friends to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SaltyAndWet
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We had stayed at this hotel before during the christmas holidays and it was good, very clean, good service. We stayed here again for a weekend in June and it was completely different. The room especially the bathroom was dirty, we cleaned it before we stepped into the shower. On the plus side it is very close to the base, it had free parking, a mini kitchen, and a free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We booked the Executive Inn on the spur of the moment. The call was promptly answered and the booking clerk asked for CAA/AAA membership and gave a discounted price for the suite. The suite was clean and the carpet showed no obvious aging. The two TV's and A/C's did help. Clean beds and no noise were really helpful. The much touted complimentary breakfast was the low point of the stay. Neither the presentation nor the quantity or the quality of the food was worth it. The breakfast room seats 8 persons in a hotel of 42 rooms... At $129 + taxes the hotel was overall OK and we did not regret coming there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family