First Canada Inns
US$329
US$285
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Lord Nelson Motel(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$74
Motel 6 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
US$146
US$128
  • Pool
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
US$115
US$111
US$148
US$140
Hotels.com
US$74
All reviewsboiled eggsyogurtpool and hot tubking size bednice roomcoffee machinewould stay againminute drivemicrowavedowntowncouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Sorry that this review is coming a little late. My grandfather and I made the trip down to Kingston, ON to visit my brother who was staying at RMC. We arrived at the hotel much earlier than check-in time, and the staff were more than accommodating, allowing us to check-in early, put our bags in our room, and take off to RMC. This was all free of cost.

The first room we went into was disappointing... the room was musty, the windows were nailed shut, and there was an air freshener in the socket that smelled... horrible. Had the windows been accessible, I'm sure we could have aired it out by the time we returned, but alas, I requested a room change. The second room was better. Two queen-sized beds, desk and chair, reclining chair in the back corner, clean bathroom, and windows worked.

One of the reasons we had chosen this hotel was the indoor pool, which did not disappoint. It was clean, as was the hot tub. It was also fairly quiet. Inside the pool area, there was also some gym equipment available for those guests looking to have a quick morning/evening workout.

There was a laundry room available on site, coin operated. Also an ice machine if needed. The layout of the hotel itself left much to be desired. There was no elevator for my grandfather to use... and we were located wayyyy in the right wing on the second floor, which was a lengthy walk to reception, the car, the pool - just about everything.

The Continental breakfast left much to be desired. One of the two nights that we stayed, we were greeted with a girls volleyball team who took just about everything from the "buffet table" - which was a piece of plywood on top of their pool table in the lobby area. This lobby area is also a very small enclosed area, which can comfortably seat ~8-10 people at a time. We were down for breakfast around 7:30am, and there was little more than fruit loops left, and absolutely no seating. My advice would be to grab a real meal elsewhere, as we both felt like we were scrounging for food, and left hungry.

We paid about $99.50 (with taxes) a night, which was much more than we would ever pay for this hotel again. However, the staff tried, and they seemed to care... so I would consider returning for another trip to RMC - if the price was right.

Room Tip: Try to get a room centralized to everything - as close to reception as possible, or you will be walking a while to get anywhere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AngelaAucoin
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had a pleasant stay at First Canada Inn. It was clean, beds were comfortable, and the AC was cold given the fact that the weather was really hot on the days that we stayed in Kingston. The bathroom was functional but small and not much counter space. Breakfast was adequate but not much room for you to sit. Internet was okay at night but not in the morning. Girl at the front desk was really nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Grace082
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel. It has everything I was looking for - breakfast, parking and internet - and I didn't have to pay extra. Plus, as a bonus, there is an indoor pool and small lounge. The room was big and clean and the bed was extremely comfortable ... I had a great sleep. All the staff were super friendly and I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Honestly, I booked the hotel because it's got a salt water pool (loved the pool)... and looked at the location after the fact. I was pleasantly surprised that it was clean, breakfast (included) was ok and the staff was lovely. It was a good long walk from the tourist stuff in Kingston, but still walkable (for me - about 2.5km?), though I did drive back into town for dinner.

Room Tip: no restaurant, but a continental breakfast...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank traveller_cdn
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We were here for a skating competition.. Like all Kingston hotels they tend to service the sport team events.. so lots of people.. could be lots of noise but actually was quiet late at night. They have an after 10 no noise policy. The pool is good. Breakfast ok... coffee awful, so was the orange juice, both watered down. There is a East Side Marios right in front of hotel so dinner was convenient. Rooms were good.. some seemed to be nicer than others.. and gave you robes to wear to the pool?? Duvet covers and pillows the way they set them up was nice (better than a comfort in etc) nothing wrong with them at all, very clean.
Price - I think was a little steep for kingston... $127.00 including taxes... and this was supposed to be a team rate??? I'd have prefered to it being under $100... The front desk staff were great. Very accommodating when I need to change rooms due to people next door swearing. I thought if this is how the walls are in the day.. how will the sound be at night with the language but moved rooms and sleep was great.

Room Tip: 2nd floor might be quieter.. won't here people above you... but all in all I think with the no noise policy this is a fairly quiet hotel at night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends