“AMAZING”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: This Family owned and operated restaurant has been serving authentic European classic dishes since 1992. The Amadeus offers Old World family recipes prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Meats are sourced through Wendy's Mobile Market - via local farmers. Our extensive beer list offers only the finest crafted German beers available. Our wine list offers wine from around the world and of course wines available locally from the County. During the summer season you will be transported back to Germany was you step foot in our hidden Biergarten. Very green and peaceful this is a pleasant way to spends a summers day. Guten Appetit !!!
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

This restaurant served the best German fare I have ever tasted! We ordered the split pea soup, goulash, smoked pork chop, and schnitzel . There were no disappointments!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Amadeus is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Kingston. Always a good meal, lots of food and very reasonably priced. Great for business, families, or just a get together with friends.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The BEST schnitzel you can imagine we live in Edmonton and this is a go to restaurant every time we are in Eastern Ontario we try to make a 1 night stay in Kingston always to eat here last visit we managed to have a lunch and dinner always great service and prices very reasonable for the great quality of food. We have had the schnitzel also sausage and my wife loves their spatzle. Try to leave room for their deserts but it may be difficult as meal are large.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My sister and I dined here while visiting Kingston. The food was tasty and the portions huge. The prices were very good. I had a meal that consisted of soup two sausages of my choice, a large serving of spatzle and sauerkraut for $14.45. If I wanted potato salad instead of the spatzle the meal would have been $12.50. I would definitely dine here again and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys German and Austrian dishes like schnitzel and sausages. They also have a good variety of beers on tap or in the bottle.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Amadeus tonight with friends with high hopes to satisfy my schnitzel craving. Hours on google and website both indicated that restaurant closes at 9:30pm. We walked in at 8:30pm with no one to greet us; there were two tables with a total of 4 patrons in the restaurant at the time, no servers or hosts to be seen. We were addressed eventually by a hostess/server who we politely asked if it was an appropriate time to dine in. Mind you, we were quite hungry, and under the impression that the restaurant would remain open (as per the website) until 9:30pm. This individual basically ushered us out the door, said that they “close at 9pm” - and when we asked if the kitchen was closed, she replied and said “kitchen will close in 25 minutes sooooo... that might be a little rushed for you.” Needless to say, that was kind of unacceptable. We were bewildered because restaurants will generally serve patrons until they’re closed; I understand it isn’t ideal for customers to stroll in 30 minutes to close, but they should never disrespectfully be ushered out. Said person made no attempt to rectify the situation, just gave us an insincere “sorry” and went about her business.

We walked out and confirmed the hours. I love the food at Amadeus and definitely wanted to eat there after a long day’s of work. I quickly called the restaurant to inform the staff that their website indicated that they were open until 9:30pm, hence the reason we drove in from the west end. The same person who’d addressed us in the restaurant cut me off mid-sentence and said, verbatim, “those are our summer hours, thanks for letting us know, have a good night.” I couldn’t believe her patronizing tone. We were so disgusted and surprised.

I would never treat anyone the way said person treated us. I will come back for the food but will refuse to dine in if I have to deal with the likes of this horrible server. Amadeus management - the restaurant could do so much better if paying customers weren’t turned away at the door. Oh, and FYI, it was my birthday - I worked all day, and we were planning on spending lots of money on food and drinks.

1  Thank Sam A