“Food turned away by my pet raccoon”
Review of Aunt Lucy's Dinner House - CLOSED

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Food turned away by my pet raccoon”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The food is plain and over priced. Nice waitress and atmosphere, but I am genuinely angry right now.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank J311y

Toronto, Canada
“Sunday Brunch a disappointment”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

On a previous visit we ordered off the menu and prices were high for what we received, but at least it was good, but with the soft drinks full of ice and the refills charged for. This time we tried the Sunday Buffet. Again,It was costly and again, soft drink refills were charged for. There is a made to order omelette bar, but it is so slow that only one person in our party of 9 bothered with the long and ridiculously slow line up. The main items in the buffet really had little flavour, either overly dry, or covered in bland sauces. The vegetables were overcooked, clearly from frozen. The fresh cut vegetable section was dried out and looked as if it had been prepared days before. Deserts were store bought defrosted squares and so on. The service was non existent, seriously. Plenty of staff hanging around, but no one to help us. We had to interrupt their personal conversations to have them come over and serve us. The atmosphere in this restaurant resembles the buffet at a run down seniors residence. The washrooms are not in keeping with the prices here. We left the restaurant hungry and will most certainly go somewhere else next time.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Parker-Toronto
“Really Disappointing!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A small group gathered for lunch! The Mediterranean Salad sounded mouth watering! Well such a disappointment a small plate with lettuce, a couple of hard tomato wedges, some small pepper bits, an onion ring actually a strand, a sprinkle of feta and an olive or two! It is a restaurant that charges for everything, may I have a piece of bread, answer before certainly is 'we have to charge for that', coffee not piping hot, the private room smelt musty and looked tired! But it was full! Not much for vegetarians! Not much for those liking healthy choices! Dessert is an outrageous price, $7.99 for this heated up pecan pie, lots of nut but thin, the smallest dab of ice cream extra! Bill just under $25 for not much that stimulates the palette. I guess it has been here so long it glides on some ancient mystic! Then bills where brought, one person paused, answer I am leaving! I guess you need that tip! Not well done! My reviews are generally positive, rarely poor! But avoid! Maybe home made is the draw, but not great!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MASH16
Kingston, Canada
“Delicious home-cooked meal !”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Aunt Lucy's Dinner House offers home-cooked meals at a reasonable price - delicious and a good portion. I had the full meal deal and the salad with the balsamic dressing was delicious. I had the breaded chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy dish and it was delicious - just enough and i had a bread pudding afterwards. The service was very efficient and our waitress Marilyn was very nice and friendly. I really liked how the restaurant is very spacious and the noise level very low - i was able to catch up with my good friend during the meal and we did not have to worry about others around us. Kingstonians should definitely give this restaurant a try !

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank J L
Arnprior
“Over The Top”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Thuresday night - My wife and I were treated to one of our best restaurant meals in quite a while. Our server, was at our beck and call. From the time we arrived, greeted and shown to our table (we had made reservations), presented with the baked breads and our steaks were the pride of Alberta! Reasonable prices. Our "visit" lasted about a little over an hour and we were treated like royalty. We are not from Kingston, but when we go back this will be our choice for supper.

• Visited September 2013