“Good customer service, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Darbar Restaurant

Darbar Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Darbar is an intimate experience providing spiced-to-order Indian fare, specializing in tandoori & vegetarian dishes. Darbar uses only the freshest ingredients, and chooses organic ingredients whenever possible. We offer takeout and delivery within Kingston.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good customer service, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Butter chicken not at all what I was expecting. Was terrible coconut made it way to sweet. Usually butter chicken is a coconut base.

Naan was undercooked. Was really looking forward to it and didnt end up even eating a 1/4 of it. Really too bad.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank C H

Ottawa, Canada
“Very Enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great variety in the combo plate AA for 2. Nice flavor and next time will spice it up a bit more. Service was good, no wait time but 15 minutes later we would have and super price.

Visited April 2013
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I'm a student who really only splurges on a meal out once a week, and this is the place I usually go. The food is well spiced and flavourful, and they will do off-menu orders sometimes (subbing in meats in dishes where they aren't usually featured; my favourite is turkey madras as opposed to chicken) and have a good variety of options to choose from. The staff is very friendly even though I'm often the last one there on a weekend night. Always a race to get there after work, but definitely worth the effort!

• Visited April 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had dinner there recently and although it is a bit pricey the service is great and the food is comfort food. We are always pleasantly pleased with the food especially the tandoori chicken.

• Visited April 2013
Kingtson
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Messed up my order and owner was rude to me!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I ordered on the phone 1 chicken korma, 1 rasmala, 1 rice, and 1 naan.. HALF OF MY ORDER IS MISSING!

I called and the owner of the restaurant refused to send me the food without paying for it because it was MY MISTAKE apparently. he needs to use Q-tips to clean his ears since listening isnt exactly his skill. he argued with me on the phone and had horrible customer service skills!

The korma was cold and there was barely any chicken! he charged me for two rasmala when i asked only for 1! I repeated my order twice to him on the phone before he sent it out and he still says it was my mistake.

• Visited March 2013