“Still excellent”

Dong Nai
Ranked #230 of 448 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My life has changed quite a bit since I wrote my first review so I wouldn't consider myself a regular anymore, but it's still as good as it use to be.

I don't think the portions are quite as large, but that's okay because because they are still plenty and still a great price. The server I usually see here is amazing, and she always remembers me. Great to have a chat.

Service is quick, but as in most vietnamese restaurants they bring out the food as soon as it's ready, so sometimes some food comes out a few minutes before other people at the table. Not a problem, just part of eating in a vietnamese restaurant in my opinion. Food is always piping hot too.

I highly recommend it for quick inexpensive meal when in Kingston.

ktown

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Every time we visit Dong Nai, we are waited on very promptly and courteously. Our server even remembers what we each usually drink. The meals arrive in a fairly short period of time and are always piping hot, tasty and have fresh ingredients in them (e.g. green onions). The restaurant is modestly decorated but always clean and bright. The prices are very reasonable and the menu has a big variety of choices.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

This restaurant is a small, family run business that offers good food for reasonable prices. The ambiance is quiet and very low key. The variety of meals include vegetarian, meat and seafood choices. Portion sizes are great for sharing and the food comes very quickly. Patrons are all ages and ethnicities. Great alternative to 'fast food'.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is not a fancy place to impress people unless they also appreciate good food without needing fancy decor. Varied menu of Asian cuisine and choices of preferred spicy level. Staff are friendly and helpful, food arrives promptly. Sadly, no desserts for my sweet tooth ! No reservations, just walk in -- easy parking nearby. Twenty minutes walk from main downtown.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Went with my husband Oct 15/11. Small little family run business. The food was very good and the staff was really friendly. Owners granddaughter came over to our table and had a visit (only 4 yrs old but very bright). We enjoy going to these smaller restaurant that make you feel special. No massed produced food, just down to earth great tasting food. They have quite a few items on their menu that are gluten free which is a real bonus.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.