“Some Good Offerings”

Dong Nai
Ranked #270 of 435 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Have had their hot and sour soup plus cha gio for lunch, and it was decent, even pretty good.

Another time I had lemon grass chicken and it was pretty non-descript. I had to add spices at my table to make it taste like much of anything.

1  Thank adirondax
There are newer reviews for Dong Nai

Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you're looking for a fine dining experience this is not it. The place is a little grubby, the service a little surly and slow, and it's out of the way a bit. But the food's not bad- try the Pho and the Pad Thai, and the prices are right and the servings are plentiful. So being near a lot of the Queens student housing is not a bad thing. My son loved this restaurant while at Queens and still returns for a visit now and again.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place has excellent vietnamese/asian soups in kingston. I always have the spicy thai soup, number 27 on the menu and its always very good. The place is very simple, but as the saying goes, dont judge a book by its cover.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My life has changed quite a bit since I wrote my first review so I wouldn't consider myself a regular anymore, but it's still as good as it use to be.

I don't think the portions are quite as large, but that's okay because because they are still plenty and still a great price. The server I usually see here is amazing, and she always remembers me. Great to have a chat.

Service is quick, but as in most vietnamese restaurants they bring out the food as soon as it's ready, so sometimes some food comes out a few minutes before other people at the table. Not a problem, just part of eating in a vietnamese restaurant in my opinion. Food is always piping hot too.

I highly recommend it for quick inexpensive meal when in Kingston.

ktown

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Every time we visit Dong Nai, we are waited on very promptly and courteously. Our server even remembers what we each usually drink. The meals arrive in a fairly short period of time and are always piping hot, tasty and have fresh ingredients in them (e.g. green onions). The restaurant is modestly decorated but always clean and bright. The prices are very reasonable and the menu has a big variety of choices.