“Decent food, reasonable price”

Mango Thai & Pan Asian Cuisine
Ranked #51 of 428 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Wales
“Decent food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hole in the wall doesn't look like much from the outside but once you're in, all is well. Not too cramped with quick service, this place was a pleasant surprise serving decent thai food for pretty cheap. The appetizers in particular were a bargain and delicious. The thai red curry in particular was delicious (but not for the faint hearted).

• Visited August 2013

Kingston, Canada
“Healthy options down-town Kingston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a great place to go if you are new to Thai (like I was) and want to give it a shot. This is also one of my favourite places to go for a healthy dish in Kingston. I enjoy getting their Green Mango Salad with their coconut-lime soup. Decent price, great taste!

Tip: Mango's is closed on Monday's...I've tried to go several times on a Monday so I thought I'd give you a heads up!

• Visited July 2013
USA
“If it was less soupy it would have been better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and myself both ordered the Green Curry Chicken and It came with rice. It was very spicy and it was very soupy. You needed two bowls of rice each just to absorb all the juice. The taste was good, it just wasn't what we were expecting from a Thai restaurant (and we have visited many!). We sat near the window which was way better than sitting in the middle of the restaurant. We could actually hear each other talk! It was decent for the price, but I wouldn't come here again.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good food, average service, poor ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

In town for a long weekend visit and surprised that we passed probably 4 different Thai places in the downtown area during our walking. One evening we decided to try this one. Place was staffed by 3-4 young college-age girls who, while did generally provide decent service, were more interested in hanging out with their friends at other tables or back at the counter amongst themselves (took a little wait to get refills). Interior was brightly lit and while they had candles available, none were lit. While generally presented okay (but not fancy), appetizers and entrees were brought out without any smaller dishes for sharing. Prices were fair and the food tasted fine. While we had no problems, I would probably recommend trying somewhere else with a little more ambience next time.

• Visited May 2013
Carp, Canada
“Worth every visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

A nice little place that I try to get to every time I'm in Kingston. Not as spicy as some but for average palates its perfect.

Several Tom Yum soups and all are excellent.

Not cheap but great value.

• Visited May 2013