“Great Buffet Options”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 469 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I'm not typically a chain restaurant kind of person- preferring to try original restaurants in the area I currently live. I have been to a Mandarin before in Toronto many years back and can't remember the experience therefore it must have been neither good nor bad. I had a desire for a buffet and took the chance here in Kingston - and was pleasantly surprised. The first thing that strikes you is the hospitality: all the staff are attentive, welcoming and pleasant. The next thing is the cleanliness and overall atmosphere- I find some buffets tend to be dark and dingy while this is the opposite: bright and clean throughout. The food options are varied- typical asian food as expected but also a large salad bar(not typically why I go to a buffet) as well as pizza, roast beef, and sushi. The food itself is tasty, hot and above all fresh as I noticed they put out smaller quantities and refill often vice large quantities that sit under the heat lamps become stale/dry. There is a large dessert and fruit buffet as well that I'm sure the kids would love(even has cotton candy!). The table service is quick, a finished plate doesn't sit long before it is whisked away by a happy server. During my meal the owner, Jerry Sun, came around asking how everything was and giving out business cards- first time I have seen that in a chain.
Overall this is the best buffet I have ever eaten at, acknowledging my limited experience with this type of dining but I really enjoyed it. It is a great option for a family with kids who like different things to eat at an affordable price.

1  Thank Rob R

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Was here for lunch and it was so good. Will be visiting again soon. I love the mushroom egg drop soup!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Like all Mandarin restaurants of the franchise this one has a very large buffet that offers all sorts of items from Chinese to American. There is an excellent salad bar and a very tasty desert bar (save room for desert). Service is always friendly and efficient at removing used plates. The dishes are restocked promptly and the food is always hot. Interestingly this Mandarin seems to have much meatier and moister garlic spare ribs than other restaurants in the chain we have visited. Not sure why - maybe the local chef makes a difference. Well worth the visit if you want Chinese buffet food.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We have been abt. 18 times to this place....hoping, I could find SOME FAULT... But alas...they have always been better than the last time I was there.....
1...Their food is EXCELLENT......
2...Their, items, on the buffet menu, have always INCREASED....
As negatives....!
Their hostesses, are OVERTLY courteous......! (the reason, I say this, is because, I do not want to be SO PAMPERED.... but, I KNOW, they mean well..... The PRICE is GOOD.....The FOOD is GOOD..... The Quality is EXCELLENT..... We had a staff, that took care of us, whose name is Mathew....(that is all we know of him)...Wow...He was EXCELLENT......
Best Wishes to MANDARIN.....

1  Thank KKay12
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Anyone who has been to a Mandarin will tell you how they enjoy the warm towel at the start and finish of your meal. But the food is excellent too! A very wide variety of options. All nicely displayed and hot. Even though it is a buffet the service is still very attentive. There truly is something for everyone. The dessert tables are full of tasty treats. And nothing tastes like is was taken out of a box. It is a bit pricey but still a good value.