“Beautiful food in a special place”

Bayview Farms Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 471 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Eight of us gathered together to celebrate decades of friendship with fabulous food and wine. The plates were beautifully presented by an enthusiastic server and highlighted by the owner/chef. Unusual combos, such as duck with udon noodles and coconut broth, were perfection. Comfy chairs and a private room added to the ambience. (The only caveat was the overhead lighting which I am sure will be remedied.) Top notch and worth a drive to Kingston.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Fabulous food most of which is locally produced. A cut above most restaurants. Not the cheapest around but certainly worth every penny.

1  Thank r g
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Clark Day is Kingston's best known chef and bon vivant and has been for decades. Under his management several restaurants appeared over the years that were a delight to discover and enjoy, time and again, and it all began (insofar as my memory serves) with a restaurant in his own Bayview farmhouse. He has now returned to that setting and, having been several times, I have no problem is reporting that it's one of the most delightful dining experiences to be had in the Limestone City. The food is locally sourced, deliciously prepared, the wine list extensive and carefully curated, and Clark himself is often as not in the kitchen or speaking to his many long-standing patrons - he has a following indeed! This is where you go if you really want a memorable meal in Kingston. There are other good restaurants but this one shines.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and I recently enjoyed a truly outstanding meal at this small restaurant on the outskirts of Kingston. We've had an opportunity to eat at some fantastic restaurants across Canada, the US and Europe and have rarely had such a great meal. Obviously, this restaurant is the pride and joy of the owners.

These folks are passionate about great food and it shows. As a smaller restaurant, they have a number of dishes that would be logistically impossible in a larger kitchen. Rib eye steak was probably the most flavorful and tender I've ever had. Beef carpaccio was also incredible, as was the arctic char. Really, everything was fantastic. Also the service (in our case by a member of the family that lives on the farm) was top notch ... professional, while not all pretentious or affected. This is real, honest, local great food prepared with skill and creativity. We can't wait to be back!!

2  Thank R0795
Reviewed 14 October 2017

From the ease of making the reservation for four with Francoise to saying goodbye at the end of our meal was one of the best dining experiences in Kingston thus far. The ambience, the flavours, the service and special attention from our chef was phenomenal. Francoise attended our table several times for small chats. So very enjoyable.

We started off with appetizers....char! I'll be having that again.

We had coconut cream pie to end the meal and this isn't your ordinary, everyday pie.

My husband had the rack of lamb while our son-in-law and I had the beef tenderloin. My daughter enjoyed the pasta.