“Divine!”
Review of AquaTerra

AquaTerra
Reserve with OpenTable
AquaTerra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: On the waterfront in Downtown Kingston. Located at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront, AquaTerra offers spectacular waterfront views and a menu that focuses upon fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Extensive wine list. Private and semi-private dining. Planning a special dinner or event? We cater offering drop-offs, pick-up or full service at the location of your choice. Make a reservation or buy a gift certificate on our website. See you on the water!
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Do not hesitate to enjoy a meal at this venue. You will be pleased with the quality of the food and the service.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We appreciate this recommendation and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate at this restaurant about 2 years ago for our sons 19th birthday ,prior to the recent renovations, and based on our positive experience then we decided to dine at this restaurant again to celebrate our sons 21st birthday. We must admit that although the food is generally good, the menu lacks creativity and does not set this restaurant apart from many others. We were disappointed that the beef tartar dish was removed from the appetizer menu but then again not everyone may enjoy a properly constructed beef tartar dish. The amuse bouche offered was very basic and lacked any wow factor. The dessert menu was bland and lacked imagination and little effort was made to acknowledge our sons birthday like it was 2 years prior where a fabulous birthday dessert plate was offered with extraordinary dessert items. Also, the cappuccinos we
ordered arrived relatively cool which clearly demonstrated a lack of knowledge and finesse on the part of the serving staff. What really stood out for us however was the overly aggressive approach of our server which lacked common sense, the midas touch, and could use some basic lessons from McDonalds when it comes to customer service. Overall, this is an average restaurant with some good menu offerings, a pleasant venue, but needs some fine tuning.

1  Thank RKVK13
HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for dining at our restaurant and for sharing this feedback. We are sorry to hear that some of the dishes you had enjoyed in the past were not on our menu during this visit. Our menu changes fairly frequently in order to ensure all food is fresh and seasonal and to guarantee variety for our regular guests. We were surprised and disappointed to read your comments about service as we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of service and often receive very positive feedback about this aspect of our restaurant. We would like to invite you to contact us directly so that we may further discuss your experience and address any issues that you have identified. 613-549-6243 or customerservice@diamondhotels.ca

Reviewed 4 November 2013

There is a lot of good to say about Aqua. The food is exceptional and very well priced, the views over Kingston Harbour are great and the service efficient. The meal reminded me of a European dining experience - a well priced three course menu, the amuse bouche and some eclectic food offerings. We enjoyed the food and will come back.

However, it could be a five star experience if they freshen up the room. The furniture is cheap, the carpet old and dirty and the room crowded. The atmosphere just didn't match the food. As it is located in a hotel you;re also likely to have large family groups which can detract from your experience if you're looking for something on the romantic side.

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for this review. We are very pleased that you had so many positive comments to share about our restaurant. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food, service, and views. We were surprised to read you comments about the décor however. Earlier this year our entire dining room underwent a massive renovation which was only just completed in mid July. Everything from the walls and carpets to the furniture and fixtures were replaced and our dining room is now very clean, sleek, and modern. We are glad that you plan on returning to dine with us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I just had another outstanding experience at Aqua Terra. The details surrounding my visit are complicated, and as a result I was not able to enjoy a delicious meal at the restaurant, however, the customer service I experienced was excellent.

All staff members were present and available throughout the near two hours I spent in the establishment. Their team understood my visit and did a wonderful job at managing my expectations and needs. I know from experience how wonderful the fare at Aqua Terra can be - fresh, local, organic, seasonal, flavourful and on occasion fun and playful. Without hesitation I was able to recommend to my guests that they should choose items on the menu that they enjoyed, with the knowledge that they would not be disappointed.

If you wish for something delightful to bring joy to your palate, or, if like me, you need a place to set your executives or colleagues for a comfortable and yummy meal which highlights the quality of food and cuisine in Kingston in a convenient location - look no further.

As a Kingston native, and based on my repeated experience, I recommend that you do not miss a visit to Aqua Terra. When in Rome you know...

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your very kind comments about our wonderful staff. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I took my wife for her birthday to Aqua Terra knowing that Clark is a world class chef. I was not disappointed. We were seated by the window overlooking the lake with a great view. They served us nice scallop appetizer at no cost, then we ordered nice salad which was split as we could not eat one each without fuss or extra cost. We order a nice bottle of wine with our risotto which was fantastic. Finished with a Chocolatini for my wife and an expreso for me. We would recommend this to anyone but be aware good food and service does cost a little more. :)

HotelsKingston, Guest Relations Manager at AquaTerra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for deciding to dine with us on this special occasion and for sharing this wonderful review. We are glad to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your meals. We hope to see you again!