“Great food at a great price!”

Golden Viet Thai Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 450 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai, Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Description: Humble little cuisine at the heart of Downtown Kingston. We serve fresh Southeast Asian flavours at an affordable price. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or any time in between!
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been a regular customer of Golden Viet Thai since it opened, and as a Thai food lover I can say without question that it provides the most consistent quality Thai food in Kingston. The dishes are tasty and full portions at a very reasonable price. The fresh rolls are excellent, and the Thai hot and sour soup is incredible! This is not the typical Chinese gelatinous hot and sour soup - it is totally different - a spicy citrus tomato base with bamboo shoots, tomato, and mushroom - a blend of exotic flavours with a spicy bite that will light up your taste buds.
The red and green curries are lovely and they will happily adjust them to your taste for heat. For something different, try #17 - Satay Noodles - basically a pad thai with a flavourful satay sauce. Ask them to make it medium spicy - delicious!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Really enjoyed the food! Their spring rolls are the best, freshly made!
Amazing food, great price! The service is really good.
I must go if you are around Kingston, it is located in downtown and has a parking lot right next to it!

Would eat there everyday if I lived in Kingston!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Although this restaurant gives you good quality Thai food and very good service it seems to have lost the flair it once had. It is a convenient location not far from the ferry docks and city hall so it is easy to grab lunch here if you are in that part of town. I will go back but for newcomers don't expect anything out of the ordinary and keep your expectations in check.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unique taste for Pad Thai (and I have eaten a lot of Pad Thai in my time). Sweeter than I expected which left a heavy taste in my mouth after the meal. While price wise, it is one of the better values in downtown Kingston, it won't be our first choice next time we are looking to dine.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were going to the KRock centre for a concert (Sting, he was fantastic!) and had parked on Wellington. Almost walked past this place. Glad we didn't. The food was excellent, very reasonable. We did a shared meal and it worked out well. The cilantro beef was magical. The fresh rolls (I call them summer rolls) were excellent.
Found this place by accident. Will return on purpose!