“Tasty Vietnamese”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Halifax, Canada
“Tasty Vietnamese”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We recently enjoyed lunch here. When we arrived, we were happy to see a number of Asian families seated - always a good sign! The Vietnamese spring rolls were excellent, the pho and pad thai average - we thought they could have used a bit more zip. The bill took forever to arrive -a particular pet peeve of mine.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Blah Food”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I ordered the vegetarian vermicelli and the sauce had way too much corn starch in it. The tofu tasted funny (like freezer burned and almost going bad). My husband's beef noodle soup and the kids' pork chop were mediocre. I might be spoiled from the Vietnamese food in the GTA area but I had a feeling the kitchen may not be too clean as I had a tummy ache afterward.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Decent”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The atmosphere is very eat-and-run, although it is a sit-down restaurant. I like it because it is close to where I live and has fairly healthy Vietnamese food. The service is fairly quick and the food is reasonably priced.

On my most recent visit, I ordered a large combo and split it with a friend. This actually works out well because a large is basically two smalls but only 3-4 dollars more. They even gave us an extra bowl to split it into. This means you can order fresh spring rolls for an appetizer with the money that you saved (yum!). I like their meat, spring roll, bean sprout and noodle combos. In the winter time, I enjoy their Pho.

• Visited June 2012
Kingston, Canada
“Okay”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The food was decent and the service is really quick, but my meal was really bland and pretty greasy. Not bad, but definitely nothing to right home about.

Kingston, Canada
“Eat at this restaurant atleast once a week”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My boyfriend and I live a block away and absolutely adore Mekong the food is fantastic service sucks but nothin compares to the food!