“This was a staple in my diet while at Queen's”
Review of Mekong Restaurant

Mekong Restaurant
Ranked #108 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
Neighbourhood: Downtown Kingston
“This was a staple in my diet while at Queen's”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My love for Mekong runs deep. I almost feel like I'm cheating anytime I eat somewhere else. I typically would eat at Mekong at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4. The Pho is incredible (some of the best I've ever had) and don't even get me started on the spring rolls. I've had a few other dishes on the menu but the Pho and Vermicelli were usually my go-to's. If you're looking for an affordable delicious eat, Mekong will always be there for you.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“LOVE Mekong”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Going to Queens University, I went to Mekong probably at least twice a month. The food is delicious, especially the spring rolls. I also love the Pho and the Pad Thai. Service is good, generally just an amazing experience. After graduating I make stop offs in Kingston just to eat at Mekong.

• Visited January 2014
Naples, Florida
“We returned!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

When I was working in Kingston at the University the Mekong was my go restaurant for Thai food. In recent years there has been an influx of Thai/Cambodian restaurants in Kingston and we stopped going to Mekong. This past month we decided to give Mekong a visit and discovered that it has not changed. The food is good and plentiful...the restaurant is dated and somewhat non-descript but what the heck....we come for the food and the service.

We had a good experience....lots of good food and a pleasant server....we will return!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto
“We love Vietnamese food....”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We eat Vietnamese food a lot as we love it. We like Thai basil in it - and in the rice paper rolls.
No Thai basil in any of those. We asked why, and they told us that they need to drive somewhere to pick it up every two days, and also that people here don't really appreciate it in the meal. Also, the soup we ordered was not the soup that would add basil to. How about rolls.... They were plain -iceberg lettuce, tofu and rice noodles.

Meal was OK, but we had a suspicion that the soup had much MSG - we both can be human detectors of MSG because of how it makes us feel after.

Good things about this restaurant were clean place, nice staff, central location

Visited June 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Definitely delicious!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We found this restaurant looking to lunch. It had been the best choise! when we get in I saw vietmamese people eating, for me it is good signal.

We ordered phad thai chai, phad thai hai san and pho bo thai, first and seconds ones are spicy stir fried rice noodle with vegetables or shrimp with tamarindo sauce and peanuts. third one is noodle soup with beef. Everything was delicious! and the quantity is generous for good price.

We ate spring rolls too. It was very good too.

Place is clean, service is very good. Family friendly.

When I come back Kingston, I'll be eating there!

• Visited April 2013