“Evening casual dining at the Ambassador”
Review of Josephs lounge

Josephs lounge
Ranked #165 of 429 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
London, Canada
“Evening casual dining at the Ambassador”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The name 'Joseph's Lounge' may sound unusual but the atmosphere is just what you need after a lousy (excuse the expression) day. The place has excellent food; the chef is great....and the beverages are exactly how they should be whether it's a cold beer with just right head or that scotch with 'just one cube'. They have wings which I would almost drive the 4 ½ hours for just by themselves....ok, it's the rest of the place that rounds it out.

Visited December 2013

Waubaushene, ON
“good experience while in the hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent a couple of nights in the Ambassador, which I also did a full review of, and ate here a few times during the stay.

Or first night we went down to the restaurant. We ordered the chili and a quesadilla. Both dishes were so very good. We were told that the chili has won awards, and I certainly didn't doubt that after tasting it. I asked about the beef used when I realized it wasn't just ground beef, it was large tender chunks. I was told that they use the tail end of fillets (tenderloin) for the chili. It was great. It had just the right amount of kick to it as well, in my opinion. The quesadilla was not soggy at all, and was loaded thick with chicken (which tasted like actually roasted chicken, not just a seasoned chicken breast), cheese and all the other fillings. We also got one breakfast voucher for each morning included with the room. I was lucky and my fiance let me have this as she was getting some food at the training she was attending. The breakfast each morning was very good, and a substantial portion.

The staff for both dinner and breakfast were all very friendly, and attentive. During our dinner, our son dropped hs pacifier a couple of times, which our waitress quickly snatched up and washed off for us. During my first breakfast I had asked for dry brown toast with my meal. I was served white instead, which was quickly, and apologetically replaced when I pointed it out.

Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Wings in Canada”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Cant beat the wings here,a pint of beer and a pound of wings for $12.Great value,fast friendly service.Great staff

Visited October 2012
Kingston, Canada
“COZY”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

On an evening when an entertainer is playing the piano Joseph's can be a treat.
When the hotel is full of Hockey, Baseball or Soccer TEAMS - not so much
The reserved parking for the Restaurant / Lounge is a good idea - but frequently filled by conference goers not in the Lounge or Restaurant !

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“hit and miss food”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

sometimes food is great sometimes not so good. Sunday brunch was not good, head waitress rather uppity with a complaint ..could tell sausage and .rubber bacon pre-cooked days before. Omelet station guy makes the best thin omelets...unlike the order from kitchen ones which are usually too thick and overcooked, eggs Benedict were like hockey pucks, club sandwich good. specialty buffets in evening good but prime rib beef night the cutter is stingy with the meat. ..

Hotelmanager1550, Owner at Josephs lounge, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent food and beverages with friendly and effecient service. We hope that you will come again and give us another try.

I would like to offer you a complimentary dinner for two on your next visit.

Please contact me directly to arrange for this.. my email is venicio@ambassadorhotel.com

Hope you have a wonderful week..